October 2012 Moms
Options

Separate baby shower???

So im a soon to be single mommy, but I'm still on good terms with the dad. He wants to have an active role in LO's life. My mom and my best friend are in charge of planning my baby shower (gifts for the nursery in my home) ... The question came up... Should the dad have a separate baby shower? And if so should I be there? Is that weird to have a shower without the baby/mommy being there? I know he could use supplies too... But the baby will be primarily with me (especially because I'm breast feeding. What are your thoughts???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Separate baby shower???

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    IMO, the showers are kind of like part of the gift. As the mother, you shouldn't dictate or expect or arrange for a shower for your baby at all. That's JMO. So if his side of the family wants to throw him a shower for atuff to keep at his house, great. If not, that's not for you to worry about.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imagemrs.ike:
    IMO, the showers are kind of like part of the gift. As the mother, you shouldn't dictate or expect or arrange for a shower for your baby at all. That's JMO. So if his side of the family wants to throw him a shower for atuff to keep at his house, great. If not, that's not for you to worry about.

I agree

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrs.ike:

I read-and-dashed before because I wasn't sure what my position was, but this sounds good to me.

My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If someone wants to throw him one, I think it is completely outside of your realm -- meaning I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. That said, I can't imagine a man wanting a "shower" but maybe getting presents from family.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I agree thats up to his family if they want to throw him one and who is on the guest list, if he is not invited to yours you can't really be offended if your not invited to his. JMO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemrs.ike:

Agreed!

• Options

imagemrs.ike:

Agreed!

• Options
    I'm just going to throw in my "I agree!" Showers are up to those who initiate and plan, not up to who they're for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"