Potty Training
Options

Potty Training was going well...now its not?!

So, my LO turned 2 in december.  We started potty training in february and i let her kind of dictate it herself - didn't try a "three day method" or anything.  And, it started going really well, she would tell me she had to go and she would go, pee or poop. We did use stickers as a reward.  She was still in diapers, but would take them off to go - the only thing she wasn't doing was going when we were outside of the house, but i figured that would come.

Then, we went away for the weekend, and she didn't go on a potty AT ALL and when we got back home, it was like she had completely lost interest.  I let it go for a few weeks and then tried again - putting her in undies - thinking that maybe if she had an accident in undies she would be uncomfortable, but that's been a disaster!! 

Any advice??  Anyone else have something similar?  Sorry this is so long but i'm desparate for some input :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Potty Training was going well...now its not?!

• Options
    I'm in the same boat and came here looking for advice.  One month into potty training and she's had more accidents today then she did the very first weekend of potty training!  She doesn't even seem to care if her undies are wet.  We are lost and don't know what to do.  Her baby sitter put so much pressure on us to use pull ups that we just started this week and I really think this is because of the pull ups. 
  • Options

We played the same game for over 6 mos. finally we did the 3 day/ bare bottom at home thing and it worked like a charm.  Not sure if that's what you want to hear, but for us she had to learn she can't just randomly pee, she has to stop what she's doing and go to the potty (if that makes sense). Day 1 was awful, day 3 was perfect!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    msnehzmsnehz member
    DD also turned 2 last December and we started PT February.  She got the concept from day one.  I had her on regular undies from day 1, pull ups for naps and at night.  We went through periods of regression.  Whenever this happens I treat it like day one again.  I take her to the potty every hour to 1.5 hour until shes back to whatever her norm was before regressing.  Usually it only took a couple of days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"