June 2012 Moms

Positive Comments Only Day

On the weekend I noticed how truly easy it is to be negative. The three grandkids (and their spouse/gf/boink) took my grandparents out for brunch to celebrate their 57th wedding anniversary. The food was tasty, but the service left something to be desired. I was shocked at the discourse with the rest of the family after - I mean, was it really that bad?

Thus, I have decided to challenge myself, and DH, to have a Positive Comments Only day. No sarcasm, no negative talk (including self-talk), just a day of looking for the good things instead of the bad. 

So I wanted to share some of the things that are making me happy today and invite you ladies to think Positive too. 

1. I am thankful that DH got his tax return and we were able to pay off the majority of our consumer debt.

2. I'm beyond thrilled that LO is growing well and that I had such a wonderful tech for my appointment. It took an hour but was totally worth no lunch break.

3. DH and I were able to go out for dinner last night - and the place was amazing! Good food, really good service, and enough left overs that I get a fantastic lunch.

4. DH was really happy that I was able to share with him how I was feeling yesterday and that I let him in on my emotional state. He said it made it easier for him to understand what was going on and the role that he needed to play. It wasn't easy to be that totally open and honest, but it was really worth it! And he cuddled me until I was deep asleep last night - and I had missed our cuddles. 

Your turn!

pregnancy pregnancy

Re: Positive Comments Only Day

• My MIL doesn't have any money, but decided to purchase our crib and mattress.  It was so extremely generous of her.  Then today she asked me what I wanted for my birthday (which is sunday).  I told her I didn't need anything, she already got me such a huge gift of the crib.  So she told me that she wants to buy a present that isn't for the baby or DH, just for me, because she loves me and loves how happy I make her son.  :)  I almost cried.

DH tells me he loves me every morning before work, then leans over and tells the baby in my tummy too.

I've been uncomfortable this pregnancy, but every time I go to the doctor or an ultrasound, they tell me everything is just fine and normal with the baby.  I'm so greatful that I haven't had to worry or be fearful or devistated because of any abnormal tests yet. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• imagePregNerd:

4. DH was really happy that I was able to share with him how I was feeling yesterday and that I let him in on my emotional state. He said it made it easier for him to understand what was going on and the role that he needed to play. It wasn't easy to be that totally open and honest, but it was really worth it! And he cuddled me until I was deep asleep last night - and I had missed our cuddles. 

Your turn!

I'm really glad you talked to your H about how you were feeling. Sounds like it had a great result. :)

Here are my positive thoughts:

1. I am thankful that our IL's gifted us a crib and it will be arriving next weekend. It was so generous of them.

2. I am grateful to have a wonderful H who is willing to do anything for me.

3. I'm looking forward to having a date night tomorrow with my H. 

4. I am thankful for having a great appointment on Tuesday. LO is doing great, everything is measuring right on track, and he is head down. I'm becoming less scared of his arrival and much more excited. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Today, I needed to teach my kids about invasive/nonnative species. Early this morning I decided not to do the traditional lecture/notes because my ankles are really swollen and I need to stay seated for a day. So I found a series of articles done by The Times magazine on the top 10 worst invasive species around the world. They are working in pairs, reading to each other, and filling out a comprehension check data table about the information they read. I am proud of this activity because it employs peer-teaching, differentiated instruction, and reading strategies (our state reading assessment is next week!). Winning!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJessieCupcake:
    imagePregNerd:

Your turn!

I'm really glad you talked to your H about how you were feeling. Sounds like it had a great result. :)

I ended up emailing him - writing things out really helps me and it forced me to put some complex emotions into words so both of us were able to understand them better. I figured if I was comfortable sharing some pretty personal stuff with you ladies that at the very least I should be able to share with the man I'm spending my life with. Plus I was stressing about communication and I figured bottling that up wasn't doing anything to resolve the problem.

pregnancy pregnancy
  • Great Idea!

1)  I am thankful for DH.  He cooks almost every night.  He washes the clothes.  He is an amazing father to DS and will be to DD too!  Is the most understanding a patient person ever.  We are both teachers and don't have a lot of extra money, but he always encourages me to go get a pedicure (which I only do about once every 6 months) or something else nice for myself.

2)  My friends, co-workers, family and IL's rock.  I have so little to complain about and that makes me happy.

3) I get to stay home for a few years while the kids are very young.  Even though we will be super poor, I am so excited (anyone got any good ramen noodle recipes???Big Smile)

• Funny you should post this today.  I've been thinking all day about how people are way too negative, and waste way too much time complaining.  I am just happy in general about being pregnant with this beautiful little boy and I am looking forward to every moment that I have with him!  It's going to be such an exciting time in my little families life!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is a nice idea, and we should have incorporated a "positive day" instead of all the negative thoughts and venting...

anyway:

My mom bought me a beautiful Willowtree statue of a pregnant couple- just for nothing, because she saw it at the store and loved it.  My husband is making dinner tonight and is really excited about it, and no matter how rough his day was, he is always telling me to sit and relax (even though I'm not working right now). 

I'm working on a really fun art project for Owen's room- I am making all the artwork for his walls and saving myself a bundle at the same time. 

My estranged sister, who I rarely see due to much family drama, hugged me on Easter and told me she loved me.  She has never said that before.

I found the perfect b-day gift for my best friend, and I can't wait to give it to her.

I had a red-headed woodpecker at my feeder this morning- so early that the sky to the east was still molten gold.  I haven't had anything but sparrows and nuthatches, so I was really excited and got some good pics.  These woodpeckers are quite large (bigger than a robin or black bird) and my poor husband called it a hummingbird! Gotta love him! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"