June 2012 Moms
Options

2nd Camera monitor ?

This is probably a silly question, but I can't find it on the product description anywhere. 

If you have two cameras with your monitor, how does that work?  If I have the monitor set to Camera #1 and baby #2 cries, will I still hear him/her?

I have the Summer's Infant Slim and Secure, if that matters.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd Camera monitor ?

• Options
    I think you only hear the camera of the channel your own (A or B.)  I had the same question and ended up having to get a whole 2nd montior and camera set. I do know there are some that offer dual screen images, but summer infant isn't one of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a Summer monitor for my boys and yes you can hear the 2nd baby. Of course my boys are in the same room though, but it does pick up both. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not a silly question, I was wondering the same.  Of course it varies by model but one of the Summer ones I was looking at said it kept scanning each room every X number of seconds and when it detected noise on one it would switch to that one right away.  Not positive but it was something like that.  Did you try looking at the description and review of it on Amazon?  They seem to have good info on there.  My Summer is 3 years old now and with as much as the additional cameras are and how much wear and tear ours has we are just going to get another set.  We have unfortunately dropped it so many times so I'm wondering how long it will hold out anyway.  I knock it over when I'm half asleep and reaching for it or my phone or glasses all the time.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't set mine up yet, but I just thought of the same thing the other day.  Mine will be in the same room, so i'm guessing the audio will pickup regardless and if i want to switch the video from one camera to the other I just need to click the channel.  So I guess i'm of no help--but I'll see when I really set it up :)
    diagnosed with stage IV endo via lap surgery IVF #1 - 27 eggs! 14 fertilized (3 natural, 11 ICSI) 5dt of A embryo, froze 6 BFP on 9/28! Baby K born via surprise c-section after 15 hrs of labor and he is perfect!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

frozen transfer a success! boy #2 via VBAC Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plan to just set mine up to scan the channels.  While I'll still have 2 empty channels, it switches often enough to pick up what's needed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"