2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone good at guessing the "angle of the dangle"?

What does this nub look like to you?  This is my NT ultrasound, and I was measuring 12 weeks, 5 days.

This one is a little clearer:

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: Anyone good at guessing the "angle of the dangle"?

• Options
    could just be a part of the leg or it could be a boy. Think it's a little early to tell I am guessing more part of the leg. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Options
    Could be a loop of cord, you can't tell from that angle.  Too high off the rump and too early in development for there to be any true dangle from this angle anyway. Not saying it's not a boy, but you can't tell from these pics.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The part that I circled, and the whiter part in the pic above is the "nub."  The u/s tech pointed it out and got that angle specifically to talk about that part.  So it's not the leg or cord, at least.  And the angle of the dangle thing is specifically for this part of development (11-13 weeks)...before it gets to be a clitoris or a penis.

• Options

go to this site- I trust these woman 110%

https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/95.aspx

lolololo
  • Options
    From what they say, if the angle to the spine is less than 30%, it is a girl--so judging on that I would say girl; however, the people at in-gender would probably give you a better guess. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, cool site. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    its a girl.  congrats!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    my guess is girl
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    So funny...you all say girl, and the ingender boards say boy.  I guess I actually have to wait until 20 weeks.
  • Options
    RiasRias member
    Its a girl!! The nub is aligned with the spine so I would say girl. If it was pointing up more I would have said boy but that definitely looks like a girl to me!
  • Options

girl, because the dangle is in line with the spine

why were the gender boards saying its a boy?

• Options
    imageKaylaC0514:

girl, because the dangle is in line with the spine

why were the gender boards saying its a boy?

No idea...they seemed to think it was pointing a bit upward and was very prominent.  Looking at the samples they have there, I do have to say it looks more like a boy than a girl.

But I'm still holding out hope for a girl...I wouldn't mind a boy so that A could have a little brother and they can be close, but it's probably my last child, and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to have a daughter!

• Options

I say boy.  I sadly spent a lot of time looking at those sites trying to figure the angle with this one, and my guess is boy looking at yours (remember you want to rotate the photo so the spine is flat).  Not that I'm an expert or right. haha. I think I read this is only about 80-90% accurate by a trained professional? 

Eta:  Fwiw, at 12 weeks our nub was very tiny and by 14 weeks there was nothing between the legs.  I'm sure it varies, but that was our experience.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This defiantly looks like the nub we saw on our LO at 13 weeks.  The u/s tech said it was a girl and that was confirmed at 20 weeks!!
  • Options

imagejillybean800:
    So funny...you all say girl, and the ingender boards say boy.  I guess I actually have to wait until 20 weeks.

The same thing happened to me yesterday!  I can't wait to see what both of us are having :)

Pregnancy Ticker boots badge
  • Options
    imageKimmerly00:

imagejillybean800:

The same thing happened to me yesterday!  I can't wait to see what both of us are having :)

Are you thinking about getting an earlier optional scan?  I am thinking about going by myself and just seeing, haha!

• Options
    If what you circled is nub, then I'd guess boy......it's diverging from the spine. 

imageELCJet:
    If what you circled is nub, then I'd guess boy......it's diverging from the spine. 

I agree with this.

FWIW, I had a "angle of the dangle" pic that I posted here and on the ingender forums.  Everyone here said it looked like a girl.  At ingender it was about a 50/50 split.  We are having a boy. 

• Options

My ultrasound from Tuesday looks similar and the tech thought girl, but I agree after looking at the ultrasounds on ingender I am completely unsure.  I'm also happy either way but excited to find out for sure. 

I seriously want to do a gender peak at 16 weeks but DH is against it, boo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"