5 Weeks Pregnant

Forgetful?

Hi-

I am just five weeks and I seem to be forgetting everything- my phone, my keys, tasks at work....anybody else experiencing this?

Re: Forgetful?

• Im definitely experiencing this. I even forget my purse in the bathroom at work. I am starting to wonder if this will pass after the baby is here. I wouldn't want to forget him/her somewhere! Lol
  • Me too!! I couldn't remember where P comes in the alphabet! Lol and spending all day going back and forth gor things I have forgot! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooh my goodness ur not the only one.. And I just forgot where I put my phone n now its just lost lol
  • Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one! I have been forgetting everything, including my train of thought. It's embarrassing, especially when I'm talking to strangers who don't know I'm pregnant! (I'm only 5 weeks as well). I'm so relieved I'm not the only one - I thought I was losing my mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know exactly how you feel!  I am not normally a "ditzy" person at all, and I am forgetting so much that I feel very ditzy.  I am actually very clumsy now as well and I am not a clumsy person naturally.  It is really bothering me that I am having these little issues, especially when I am trying to hide the pregnancy at this point.  I am at 5 weeks, too. Maybe they should add that symptom to the list, haha.
  • imageMummarex:
    I couldn't remember where P comes in the alphabet!

Haha!! I have been drawing blanks on all kinds of common words obviously I can't remember an example, and I have had no idea where my house keys went for the two days now.
  • I'm forgetting everything! I work in a cafe and I usually can take orders and remember them. Nope! I'm forgetting everything! Last night I went to do laundry and put the clothes in, put in the soap and forgot to put it going! I don't know if it's Juat because my mind is so preoccupied with being pregnant and knowing its a secret and "hiding it" I'm only 5 weeks as well, can't wait to let the cat out of the bag! but yes. Glad I'm not the only one with "pregnancy brain"!
  • I wasn't exactly the queen of remembering things before and now that I'm pregnant, it's gotten so much worse. I've forgotten where I've put something when it's right in front of me. "Um... What were we talking about again?" has come up often as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So much forgetfulness!  I go to switch laundry only to find I never shut the lid thus never causing the cycle to start, I try to have a conversation with dh and forget what I'm saying halfway through a sentence, I know I've pulled a tab up on my computer to research something specific but have absolutely no idea what it was.  It's crazy and so unlike me!  Hoping it will not last too long...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg this is my first baby and doing it alone : but I also have been experiencing the forgetfulness a lot!!!
  • OMG, Thank god i am seeing a lot of post about forgetfulness at 5 week. I thought it was too soon BUT. I forgot what i was saying mid sentence yesterday an today i brought 2 peaches to work with me and i can't find one..did it roll away? Did I bring it? is it on my kitchen counter. I have no clue...lol 
  • imageGracefulDuck:
    I wasn't exactly the queen of remembering things before and now that I'm pregnant, it's gotten so much worse. I've forgotten where I've put something when it's right in front of me. "Um... What were we talking about again?" has come up often as well.

OMG, Thank god i am seeing a lot of post about forgetfulness at 5 week. I thought it was too soon BUT. I forgot what i was saying mid sentence yesterday an today i brought 2 peaches to work with me and i can't find one..did it roll away? Did I bring it? is it on my kitchen counter. I have no clue...lol 

• imageChristinadungenbille:
    Im definitely experiencing this. I even forget my purse in the bathroom at work. I am starting to wonder if this will pass after the baby is here. I wouldn't want to forget him/her somewhere! Lol

LOL! I'm forgetful as it is, being presto makes it worse. And I constantly joke that I hope I don't forget the baby anywhere! 

• I am so glad i am not alone in this!! I thought it was too soon to have "baby brain". I will forget what I'm trying to say mid sentence if i get remotely distracted and i'm usually pretty on top of my conversation topics.. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"