June 2012 Moms

Bottles

I am having second thoughts on bottles.  I am hoping to EBF but want to have some bottle on hand just in case we need them.  I registered for Avent (havent had my shower yet and no one has bought them) but now I am second guessing myself.  I think I want to avoid Dr. Brown's because everyone complains what a pain they are to clean, but I have heard good things about Born Free and Tommee Tippee... any thoughts??  Thanks!!
BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy

Re: Bottles

• I had Avent and they were easy to clean, but leaked badly when LO was a newborn (even the newborn nipples).  I have no experience with Tommee Tippee or Born Free.  I did like the old school Evenflo glass bottles though.  A lot of people suggest just trying a bunch out and find one that you and LO like, but I didn't have the pockets for that.  Good Luck!
  • imagecourtfsu:
    I had Avent and they were easy to clean, but leaked badly when LO was a newborn (even the newborn nipples).  I have no experience with Tommee Tippee or Born Free.  I did like the old school Evenflo glass bottles though.  A lot of people suggest just trying a bunch out and find one that you and LO like, but I didn't have the pockets for that.  Good Luck!

I have heard about the leaking... one of the main reasons for my concerns! 

BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • I EBF DD (and pumped since I work FT) until she was 1. We had a lot of luck with The First Year's "Breastflow" bottles. DD had no problem going from bottle to breast. The only thing I found a little annoying is there are two parts to the nipple that have to be cleaned. Otherwise, it is really no big deal. I think we are going to go with that brand again for DD2.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We use both Tommee Tippee and Playtex drop ins.  Tommee Tippee were great when DS was a little older; Playtex drop ins were great when he was real small.  He just seemed to do better with the size of the playtex drop ins and it was so nice to not have to sterilize bottles all the time and just sterilize the nipples.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Though I dont know if they will be successful, we chose the evenflo glass based on a friend's strong recommendation. When I asked my Baby Basics Instructor, she said they were a great bottle so I'm hoping they work for us. The best part is- they are super affordable!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My plan was to EBF but it didn't work out that way for me but I have only good things to say about tommee tippee bottles, daughter took right to them.  Actually my feeling were a little hurt she took to them so well!
    Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • We got the Tommee Tippee bottles... I liked that they were comparable to the Dr. Brown's but didn't have all the little parts and seemed like they would be easy to clean. I'm hoping to pretty exclusively BF but wanted some bottles for when people are visiting (figure baby's grandparents might want to be able to feed it and I know it's daddy will want to when he's home for a few weeks after the birth) as well as making it easier if I need to leave baby with someone for a little bit. We just bought the starter kit, so if baby hates them we aren't stuck with a ton of bottles

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have spoken to a bunch of new Mommies and the brand I kept hearing was Born Free, so I registered for those.  They have the same airflow technology I believe Dr. Browns uses, but I have already received a few and they seem pretty simple to me ( I see comments here about Dr. Browns having a lot of parts?). 

I registered for a sterilizer to clean them, but also the microwave sterilizing bags because I heard those are super easy to use.

I plan to breast feed but will be a student and so will also pump some of the time starting in September for when I'min class.

BFP 10/17/11 Due 6/24/12 Baby Girl! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"