September 2012 Moms
Options

headaches and disability

Hi ladies,

I have lurked more than anything in the past, but I was recently put on short term disability by my neurologist due to intractable migraines. I have been suffering this entire pregnancy; it's been really rough. I know a lot of you have been having headaches as well. I have no idea how long this disability will last, but I figured I would "reintroduce" myself since I will most likely be posting more often these days! 

IMG_5411 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: headaches and disability

• Options
    Manx4Manx4 member
    I'm sorry you're dealing with them.  I thought a computer screen would make them worse though?  My sister had them and couldn't stand light of any source at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    that sounds rough, I feel your pain.  I have migraines as well.  My doctor said they want me to avoid medicine as much as possible, so right at the onset I drink a caffinated soda and put a cold cloth on my head and take a nap.  this only nips it about 50% of the time, but its better than nothing. fortunately I'm a SAHM so I don't have to deal with the work aspect, just a 2 yr old jumping up and down on the bed next to me "wakie up mamaaaaaaaa!!" haha hope you feel better :)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageManx4:
    I'm sorry you're dealing with them.  I thought a computer screen would make them worse though?  My sister had them and couldn't stand light of any source at all.

Yep - in the midst of an actual migraine, a computer screen would not be bearable. However, while I have a constant headache, the migraines are not constant thank god! Just frequent and not responsive to meds. 

IMG_5411 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That's rough!  I also have had migraines in the past and have them more with pregnancy, but not to the point of being unable to work.  I can only imagine.  Hang in there and hope they get better soon!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

imageManx4:

Same here.

I've had migraines since I was 13, and I've never been able to stare at a computer screen while I have one. If I'm at work and I have no choice, I dim the screen down really low and struggle through.

OP, I hope yours ease up soon. I've had intractable migraines and they are the suckage. :(

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options

imageholly71087:
    that sounds rough, I feel your pain.  I have migraines as well.  My doctor said they want me to avoid medicine as much as possible, so right at the onset I drink a caffinated soda and put a cold cloth on my head and take a nap.  this only nips it about 50% of the time, but its better than nothing. fortunately I'm a SAHM so I don't have to deal with the work aspect, just a 2 yr old jumping up and down on the bed next to me "wakie up mamaaaaaaaa!!" haha hope you feel better :)

So, your doctor does not want you to take Tyenol? I also suffer from migraines, and once I feel it coming on, I take two Tyenol.  I've always heard that it was safe to take.

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had 2-3 migraines with aura throughout the entire pregnancy for DS.  With this pregnancy I had about 25 from week 5 thru week 11.  If I don't take something like Imitrex (which obviously I didn't) I am knocked out in a dark room for about 3-4 hours and feel like shiiit the rest of the day.  I was getting really depressed and anxious from the migraines.  I was working with a neurologist and he was going to put me on a "safe" daily regimen if they didn't stop by week 12.  I would just check with your neurologist or OB about a preventative med.  Apparently the one I was going to be put on only had a possible risk of low birth weight.  I would have had to have an ultrasound every week-ish from 28 on to make sure the baby was growing well.  Good luck, I completely feel your pain :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJessicaxLynn87:

imageholly71087:

So, your doctor does not want you to take Tyenol? I also suffer from migraines, and once I feel it coming on, I take two Tyenol.  I've always heard that it was safe to take.

sorry I wasn't clear! I had a headache for 3 weeks straight (in 1st tri), she says she would rather me avoid taking tylenol every single day, try a few other methods first and as a last resort use tylenol. 

Now I get 3-5 headaches a week, usually 50% of them I can eliminate with caffeine, a nap and a cold cloth, the other 50% I take tylenol for. 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Wow, that is awful! I am sorry! I've had a migraine on occasion, and I am so thankful they have been sporadic.

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"