Success after IF

Sciatic nerve pain.

I have been having issues with this already.  Right now it's not the sharp, muscle spasm pain like I usually have randomly...but this time it's starting as a dull pain down into my butt.  Once already (a couple of weeks ago) I had the sharp, muscle spasm pain and was laid up in bed for 2 days.  I'm allowed to take muscle relaxers, but I am really not crazy about doing that daily for long periods of time if/when it gets bad later.

Is this something they would put me on bedrest for if it gets to where it's happening often?  I am afraid it will get much worse, considering the baby is only the size of an orange now...and it's already an issue.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sciatic nerve pain.

• I had similar issues early on in my pregnancy - similar to where you are. I was terrified about how much worse it was going to get as baby got bigger. I asked my OB about it and they recommended a chiropractor to see if that helped. I never did it, so I can't say if it would have worked. But eventually the pain went away and I never had it again for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm guessing that the baby was positioned in a certain way and he moved. I hope you start to get some relief soon!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecharmcitygirl:
    I had similar issues early on in my pregnancy - similar to where you are. I was terrified about how much worse it was going to get as baby got bigger. I asked my OB about it and they recommended a chiropractor to see if that helped. I never did it, so I can't say if it would have worked. But eventually the pain went away and I never had it again for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm guessing that the baby was positioned in a certain way and he moved. I hope you start to get some relief soon!

That is a huge relief.  I'll talk to my OB about it when I go back later in the month.  But it's good to know yours just went away.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If it doesn't go away - chiropractor is the way to go if you really want to avoid meds. I didn't see one last time and have this time since 17 weeks. Amazing difference in how I feel. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had that during my pregnancy with Reed.  It was super painful.  I had it late first tri until maybe middle of second?  Then it went away.  It came back randomly maybe once after that.  I think it was how the baby was positioned as well.

• I had this it started about the same time as yours and at about 25 weeks It was so bad I couldnt walk and the pain caused contractions. 

Dr. recommended a chiropractor and after the first visit my pain was pretty much gone.  I did have to go 2 times a week for about a month and now I am going once every 3 to 4 weeks. 

• I'm starting to get it too and I never had it with DD.  It hasn't been too bad so far, but it scares me!

I'm going in to see my chiropractor tomorrow for the first time since I've been pregnant and I'm sure it will help.  I went regularly when I was pregnant with DD and never had any issues with muscle or joint pain.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My insurance only pays for 20 visits (I think) to the chiropractor and that's with a $20 copay each time.  So I think I'll hold out as long as I can, but it's good to know it helped you guys so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had it with the girls and have issues since then! When I was on bedrest a physical therapist came twice a week to rub it and it was awesome.

I wish I had a better outcome for you, but I was miserable and still have issue with it.

I would definitely keep it on the doctors mind.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ditto the chiropractor.  Mine was a lifesaver during both pregnancies.  I would limp into his office and then walk out feeling like a new woman. 
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • imageemiannie:
    My insurance only pays for 20 visits (I think) to the chiropractor and that's with a $20 copay each time.  So I think I'll hold out as long as I can, but it's good to know it helped you guys so much.
    I pay OOP and prepaid so my visits are $35 each. If you can work out a deal it's so worth it. 
  • I had bad sciatic pain with Conor around my 2nd trimester and into my 3rd.  It did end up going away.  DH googled some exercises/stretches for me to do that helped.  Still to this day (before I was PG) it still bothers me.  I started yoga in the last year and that has helped.

This time around I started seeing a chiropractor - she's also my acupuncturist.  She recommended I start chiro treatments once a month through my pregnancy.  She'll increase me to 1-2 x's/wk once I'm into my 3rd trimester and closer to my EDD. 

I pay OOP for my chiro, and like GypsyEsq I buy a package so it's cheaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageEmilyAnne:

I had bad sciatic pain with Conor around my 2nd trimester and into my 3rd.  It did end up going away.  DH googled some exercises/stretches for me to do that helped.  Still to this day (before I was PG) it still bothers me.  I started yoga in the last year and that has helped.

This time around I started seeing a chiropractor - she's also my acupuncturist.  She recommended I start chiro treatments once a month through my pregnancy.  She'll increase me to 1-2 x's/wk once I'm into my 3rd trimester and closer to my EDD. 

I pay OOP for my chiro, and like GypsyEsq I buy a package so it's cheaper.

This is a very good idea.  I'll ask for some recs in my area on FB and maybe go on and get started.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageemiannie:
    My insurance only pays for 20 visits (I think) to the chiropractor and that's with a $20 copay each time.  So I think I'll hold out as long as I can, but it's good to know it helped you guys so much.

My insurance was similar.  I ended up only needing to go once a month, with once every two weeks just during the last six weeks, so it wasn't too bad.

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I'm late to posting but wanted to share that I found some relief for my sciatic nerve pain via physical therapy. I started having pain at about 9 weeks pg with the twins and it was getting worse rapidly. My OB suggested we start with PT and then move to a chiro if necessary. Luckily, twice a week PT, combined with the exercises and stretches she had me doing, got rid of the worst of the pain. It did reoccur, but not until I was 35w and had been on bedrest for about 13w! Hope you find some relief!
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"