February 2012 Moms

crying at the slightest wet diaper

DD will start crying the moment she tinkles in her diaper.  The line won't even be blue yet and she will be crying.  She doesn't necessarily to this with every diaper but a majority of them.  Anyone elses LO super sensitive about their diapers? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
3month11

Re: crying at the slightest wet diaper

• My DD is the same way. She hates a dirty diaper. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

• DS that way, DD could care less. But the girls sure does fill them up quick!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS only does that with certain types of diapers. We had a diaper raffle at our shower, so we have all different brands. We're currently using Luvs, and it seems like the second he pees, he cries. He does better with Pampers now, but at the beginning it was the same for those.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In pampers dd could care less what she's sitting in. But we had luvs and huggies snug n dry given to us and were trying to use them up. if she's wearing those she will cry. They don't seem to pull the moisture away as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really have NO idea if this is a possibility in your case but... could DD be sensitive and reacting to the chemicals and materials in the disposables when they interact with urine? I have heard that some babies are just straight up allergic to disposables. Have you considered giving cloth a try?
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• We are using cloth and same thing. Maybe it's just newborn sensation freak out? :)
  • Ugh, this is my life! We have used up 12-15 diapers some days.
  • imageliberty95:
    Ugh, this is my life! We have used up 12-15 diapers some days.

That's a pretty normal amount of diapers for a newborn. Consider a change every 2-3 hours divided by 24 hours and you should be looking at 12 diapers a day.

BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• DD gives us about 5 minutes to change her bum after she poops before she stars to poop.  The only thing is she often poops a few times in a row (within 15 minutes) So often you just change her and she goes again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pics-25untitled_zps5ec34838Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageamye2000:
    We are using cloth and same thing. Maybe it's just newborn sensation freak out? :)

If you are using prefolds - have you tried a microfleece liner? To give a dry feeling to the natural fiber. Helped my DD tremendously.

BabyFruit Ticker

• my DS is this way (we cloth diaper).  It's a blessing in disguise b/c it helps prevent diaper rash!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"