Natural Birth
Options

accupuncture

Hello Ladies,

I'm wondering if any of you have had or know anyone who has had success using accupuncture to help the induction process.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: accupuncture

• Options
    It worked for a friend of mine, the doctor said the baby 'would never come on its own' and she tried acupuncture and a couple days later she had her baby (you never know if it would have come then anyway but it doesn't hurt to try). I'm starting weekly acupuncture at 35weeks
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">

imageimage
  • Options

Doctors here are in a rush so if you don't deliver after a few days they will automatically induce you.

We also have some of the highest rates of c-section so I'm trying to find alternative ways!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    liz37liz37 member

I went to the chiropractor when I was pg with DD1. She said that acupuncture would help if baby was in the right position and ready to come.

The chiro adjusted me which allowed DD1's head to descend and open up my cervix. I lost my mucous plug the next day. I'm sure this would not have happened if I hadn't have gone to see her. DD1 was born 12 days late, but I avoided induction which they would have done at 14 days over.

If you look for a chiro, try to find one that is trained in the Webster technique. These chiropractors are very experienced with pg mamas.

GL!

Liz

• Options

Thanks Liz!

My Chiropractor would also be my accupuncturist (she's licensed in both).  I get adjusted bi-weekly (was monthly before I became pregnant) and she recommends weekly when I get closer to the due date. 

• Options

I had acupuncture on Thursday and went into labor on Saturday night.  I gave birth at 41 weeks.

It only works if your body is ready...that is the case with any of the natural induction methods.   

Just because the Drs want to induce does not mean you have to consent...have you considered switching to a MW? 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options

Pinksweetpea... unfortunately where I'm from there aren't any MWs and I don't think the Doctors do give you the option here.  An acquaintance did not want to be induced and she was induced yesterday and was pretty upset about it. 

• Options
    I had two rounds of Acupuncture and went into Labor the next morning... I believe. Do some research and make sure that the needles are put in the correct places and the most important thing is that they have to be stimulated (The needles in your hands and inner ankles). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"