June 2012 Moms
Options

seeing light spots

Has anyone else experience seeing flashing spots of light? This does not happen when I stand up suddenly it just happens at random times but it hasn't been frequent enough for me to bring it up to my doctor. However, the other day it weirded me out enough because I was in the shower and all of a sudden saw a ton of them and I was actually trying to catch them before I realized what it was/what i was doing. So i go to the doc on tuesday and think i'll mention it?

Re: seeing light spots

• Options
    I get them after every time I bend over.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Me too after standing up too quickly! Blood pressure? 
    loren
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have been seeing them a ton and they totally freak me out. Enough that I went to L&D and found out that everything with baby/blood pressure etc is fine. But they still scare me.

i would definately mention it at your appointment but even if it doesnt mean anything at least im not the only one seeing them!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I see them every once in awhile too.  With my DS it seemed to only happen to me while I was in the shower.  I did/do have blood pressure problems so I normally check my blood pressure as soon as I see them but it's always been fine.  My doctor said that it's pretty normal but if it gets real bad or I have it frequently to give him a call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I get them on occasion when I stand up too quickly. But PLEASE don't brush it off and mention them to your doctor because that was a pre-symptom leading to pre-eclampsia with my first son. 

It is could be nothing but I would talk to your doctor. Has your blood pressure been fine at your appointments? Any protein in your urine samples?

• Options
    I get them sometimes after I sit down or when I'm in the shower. I have good blood pressure so I've wondered if it's because of low blood pressure...We should probably all ask the doc :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Do you get headaches after?  I get those when I am going to get a migraine.
  • Options

this has happened to me a few times since being pregnant.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I get them too.  Sometimes when I stand up too quickly, other times when I'm sitting still.  Lately I've noticed it when I'm getting out of the shower.  My blood pressure is good.  I've had them for years though, probably since high school, which was also when my migraines started.  They don't usually precede a headache for me like an aura does.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i don't get them when i stand up i just get them randomly when i could be doing anything sitting or walking or laying down... at my last visit my bp was okay but i had gained 7lbs in 3 weeks and couldn't get a urine sample so they never checked the protien levels... i go tomorrow to the doctor so i'll make sure to mention it. I'm just glad that other people are experiencing it bc it makes me feel that it's probably okay! I'll post after I hear what he says about it..
  • Options
    I had this happen a couple of times at work randomly when I was sitting down (not after I had changed positions)  and the "spots" lasted for about half hour with no relief to the point where I could hardly see out of one eye.  I had my BP checked while it was happening because I conveniently work at a hosptial and my pressure was normal.  I mentioned it to my doctor and she didn't seem concerened as long as it isn't happenening all the time.  My sister actually had this happen to her during her pregnancy as well and apparently they are called "ocular migranes"  which sometimes can preceed a full blown migrain headache.  I would definitly mention it to your doctor though because blood pressure can cause some pretty funky visual side effects.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageNelson33:
    Has anyone else experience seeing flashing spots of light? This does not happen when I stand up suddenly it just happens at random times but it hasn't been frequent enough for me to bring it up to my doctor. However, the other day it weirded me out enough because I was in the shower and all of a sudden saw a ton of them and I was actually trying to catch them before I realized what it was/what i was doing. So i go to the doc on tuesday and think i'll mention it?

I had these EXACT same things a few weeks ago right before I had some painful Braxton Hicks that sent me to L&D. My DH laughed at me when I told him there were lightning bugs in the shower. I seriously thought there were. At L&D they said it wasn't blood pressure, but said it could be stress induced (the BH were ruled that too). Take it easy, but glad I'm not the only one catching bugs in the shower!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"