3rd Trimester

Soft cervix at 32 weeks?

I ended up going to L&D this morning (lovely addition to my Easter morning...) because of some spotting, but everything seems to be fine with baby and me.  The bleeding was just from the outside of the cervix where it's irritated, which is a problem I've had off-and-on, but really doesn't affect anything.

The ob did an internal exam and said he was a little surprised that my cervix was softer than normal for this point.  He could feel the baby's head resting on it.  

He wasn't too concerned and so I'm not- it just makes it seem a little more real that my body is actually starting to prepare for labor over the next several weeks!  It makes me wonder if I'll make it all the way to 40 weeks. 

Anybody else told their cervix was soft around 32 weeks?   

BabyFruit Ticker
image imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Soft cervix at 32 weeks?

• Yes...I actually had some brown spotting and cramping at 33 weeks, so my OB did an early internal and she said my cervix was soft too....but it really isn't an indication that labor will happen early. Some women are dilated early and walk around 1-2 cm dilated foe weeks and still end up overdue, so Im not too excited over having just a soft cervix. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for sharing! Yeah, I guess there's really no way to know what timeline baby is on at this point, or at any point- really! I was just curious what others have been told.

BabyFruit Ticker
    image imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in L&D this past week with preterm labor and I was told (at 32 weeks) that my cervix was 50% effaced and the baby was a -1.  (not sure what this means, besides how low she is...do you know?)
  • pretty sure I had this with DS.... at 34 weeks I was already dialated 3cm.  By 37-38 weeks I was dialated to 5.  I ended up being induced 3 days prior to EDD.  Good news is labor was only 5 hours for a FTM.
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"