Adoption
Options

Hi, I am new :)

My friends and family call me Mouse. I am 36 years old and never been pregnant. I had to have a hysterectomy back in 2004 and I have had a total of 16 abdominal surgeries for ovarian cysts and a very rare form of endometriosis that I just cant get rid of. Even after my hysterectomy I had 2 more surgeries just for the endo. I am very happily married to my hubby of 11 years. We are hoping to adopt but it is just so expensive, but not giving up hope. Both me and my hubby have  families with only boys in them so we are hoping to adopt a baby girl, our Mia, someday soon. We would like to have a baby boy too! My hubby works and I was told I had to stop working because of all my surgeries but I was a nanny for over 15 years up until then. I have lots of experience and even though I can't work I know I will make a great mom.

I look forward to meeting all of you and if anyone has any advice or just needs someone to chat with I am a really good listener.

Happy to be here?Big Smile

Re: Hi, I am new :)

• Options
    Welcome! Are you set on a private infant adoption or are you open to foster/adopting? If so, it wouldn't be expensive and I believe most states also offer subsidies to help out with the care. GL on your journey!
    imageimage
  • Options

Nice to meet you! Yes, we are looking at a few agencies as well as considering an adoption lawyer. There is a lot to consider and learn about all this. It's very overwhelming. Our Foster care here that we looked into said we would never get a baby or a toddler because their wait list is sooo long and full. So agencies or a lawyer are pretty much our only option. I know the wait process is very long so I'm eager to get started. Lifelong is one agency I spoke too but they said they only pick 3 couples a month! I don't know if that is a gimmick or a way to get you to pay faster. I've heard good things and bad things about them. I just don't know, I'm scared about the whole thing. What if someone actually picks us but then changes their mind? Do we lose our money ?? Do we get to try again? Will someone actually pick us?  There are so many people waiting I feel like we are a needle in a haystack. I want to stay hopeful buts very overwhelming. I don't even know what to watch out for. 

Do you have any children? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi, and welcome!

If you haven't already, check out our FAQs at the top of the page.  Not only are there some really great tips, it will point you to several introductory books which can help you figure out what to look for and watch out for in an agency or possible adoption situation.

Good luck, and post any specific questions you may have!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"