Adoption
Options

B-Moms (warning: fertility-related post!)

Have y'all ever looked into donating eggs? I don't know where I would find people who might tell me their experience.

It seems like it could be a really nice thing to do, and it could help fund our adoption significantly. I mean, I'm not currently using them! I feel like it's not a big step to make since I've already placed a child for adoption and seen how positive that's been.

Of course, I have to check with the husband. Wink 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Application approved Dec '11
Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
Homestudy complete July 19
USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
Come home, baby A!

Re: B-Moms (warning: fertility-related post!)

• Options
    I have thought of it but never looked into it.. kudos to you :-)
    BM to Kenzie 9/1/04 --- Married 1/22/09 --- Me 27 - DH 25 --- TTC our first since April 2010 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Butting in:  you've mentioned wanting to have another biological child again, haven't you?  I would definitely make sure that this doesn't reduce your chances of getting and staying pregnant in the future.  Other than that, I've got nothing....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, it looks like it might if we waited quite a while (it can possibly increase your chances of early menopause), but we should actually be done with bio kids by maybe even 30. 32 for sure. So, unless they mean early like 28, it shouldn't be a problem. (for any reading who struggle with IF; I'm so sorry we can kinda plan our pregnancies and you can't. It's no fair, to say the least.) 

I mean, not that I'd be excited about early menopause... But I am excited about bringing home Baby A.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"