Military Families
Options

Yellow Ribbon Ceremony, Family Readiness Day, ect.

Can someone out there PLEASE tell me what this is all about and what to expect?  We go really soon.  DH deploys right after.  We are having issues communicating, partially due to the fact that we've barely seen eachother this week and also we are stressed.  He is telling me that we all have to go to this, kids included.  Ok, that is fine - I think my biggest worry and concern is that it's all day and my littlest one naps.  DH told me there is some type of "daycare" there for the little ones.  Besides the fact that my little guy is rarely, rarely left in the care of someone else, I'm worried that he won't take/get a nap and....well, I'm afraid he will just melt down.  He's 1.  Does he have to go?  I'd much rather leave him with my BIL....and what is this daycare my husband is speaking of??  Are there accommodations for him to take a nap?  I'm sorry if this seems confusing.  I guess I want someone to talk to me about it and reassure me...  I have a 4 year old as well, but he's older, doesn't nap, adapts easily to his surroundings and new people, ect. 

**Edited to remove when OP's husband is leaving.**

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder

Re: Yellow Ribbon Ceremony, Family Readiness Day, ect.

• Options

I'm not real sure about the ceremonies but if it were me I would take the 4 yr old and leave your 1 yr old with your BIL.  I don't think they will miss your LO at the ceremony especially if he was going to be in DC anyways.  I think the DC settings depend on where they are hosting the ceremony at.  Usually, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I've never used the DC at a function before but the CDC usually provides people to watch your children. 

Sorry this is rambling but good luck to you and YH.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been to a few of these events (although they can very by location). It is more of a family bonding day so to speak and get everyone geared up for the military changes coming your way. I would 100% leave your youngest with your BIL if that is an option. They usually say bring the kids because they don't want people to feel like they can't come because they have children and also to help the kids understand what mom/dad does while they are away. Free childcare at these events always seem like a mess IMO way to many kids not enough providers etc. Go to it with an open mind, but don't feel like if you have to leave for some reason it is the end of the world.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree I would take the 4 year old and leave 1 year with BIL. We have a yellow ribbon coming up and I will not take my son (15 months). My sister lives close to the event and I trust her far more than people I don't know. Plus my mind won't be  preoccupied worrying about him that way and I can get any info I need from the event.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I felt like since he registered us all, we all needed to go.  Had I had more info In advance, I would have arranged him to stay withy BIL.  Fortunately things went VERY well.  He did not nap, but he was ok and slept in the car on the way home *phew!
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    Dup
  • Options
    I know this board is big on keeping info private, but honestly I have not been ever been told to leave "x" info out and most of this info is pretty public.  Whatever though.  Honestly, dunno when exactly he goes overseas (just know when he leaves home for training) and did not even mention where he is going.
  • Options

imageMrsBalletStar05:
    I know this board is big on keeping info private, but honestly I have not been ever been told to leave "x" info out and most of this info is pretty public.  Whatever though.  Honestly, dunno when exactly he goes overseas (just know when he leaves home for training) and did not even mention where he is going.

Very big on it. Much better to be safe than sorry. It sounds like your taking it a bit personally, and it's not personal. Loose lips sink ships. :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Like the PP better safe than sorry. Leave out all numbers is what I have learned over the years. So no he leaves 4/1 or gone 6 months etc. Totally not personal at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekyleeduke:

imageMrsBalletStar05:

Very big on it. Much better to be safe than sorry. It sounds like your taking it a bit personally, and it's not personal. Loose lips sink ships. :) 

Didn't take it personal? Just explaining my thought process. 

• Options
    imageMrsBalletStar05:
    imagekyleeduke:

imageMrsBalletStar05:

Didn't take it personal? Just explaining my thought process. 

Ok, just sounded like in the previous post you were trying to justify that you hadn't been told or didn't know not to post certain info. So just making sure you understand that it's not just you and overall we keep dates/times and any other info like that private. You should read the OPSEC rules if you were unclear that you shouldn't post certain information. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"