Potty Training

Just another milestone?

Recently, a Pedi and a pedi nurse (in unrelated settings), told me that PTing is now considered a developmental milestone, like walk or talking.  Each child gets there eventually...

I want to believe this.  I've always felt with DD that she did everything when SHE was ready and I've been so happy with her progression... but this PT thing, is giving me some serious anxiety.  DD is 2.5- she's been sitting on the potty since she was 20 mos- she's familiar with it, she's gone in it a bunch of times, she asks to be changed, she goes more on the potty at her small DC due to their routines... but the older she gets the less I am able to get her to go at home.  She loves her potty books, loves talking about it, but whenever we try to get her to even sit on the potty, she freaks out.

I'm wondering if I should just give up and let her tell ME when she's ready.  The clincher is that I'd like to start her in Preschool in Sept and I THINK she needs to be completely PT'd for this.

BFP 1/10/09; EDD 9/29/09; DD born healthy and beautiful 10/15/09 TTC since 1/2012; BFP 3/2012; M/C 4/2012 BFP 6/5/2012; M/C 6/12/2012 Started IF process 7/2012; Results 9/11/12- DH 1% "normal" swimmers; APPROVED FOR IVF 9/11/12

Re: Just another milestone?

• Is she in big girl panties or a pull-up still?  We PT'd last week and went straight into big boy underwear with DS.  He very quickly figured out that he didn't like wetting himself and was completely dry after 2.5 days.  Same thing with public bathrooms.  He refused to use them until he peed himself when we were out somewhere, and since then, he'll gladly use a public restroom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"