January 2011 Moms
Options

Caniacmom

Re: Caniacmom

• Options
    I am...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I pm'ed you my address for the formula checks for my sister.

I am waaay behind on my pm's. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ive also been meaning to ask how your nephew (i think?) is? The one who had some tests run...

• Options

My nephew's test are not until next week.    Basic story is - he has a rare genetic disorder, one of the parts of it is that those affected with it develop this particular type of cancer, if they survive the cancer their kidney will eventually fail and they will need a transplant.  And when they are born it is difficult to determine gender because of mutations to their genetalia.  Genetically those affected are either male or female it is just their parts that need sorting out.  He had a couple of surgeries at a very young age to correct everything.  The genetic condition is a random mutation and is very rare.

His original cancer was found in Feb of 2010.  It was treated - he had to have one kidney removed due to the cancer damage. He relapsed in September of 2010 right around the time I found out I was expecting Joshua.  The second round of chemo about killed him - DH made a trip to see him (hospital is 2.5 hours away from our hosue) with Joshua because they did not know if he was going to make it in March of 2011.  He pulled through and they stopped chemo in August/September of 2011.  They have had good scans every 6 weeks until the last one.  They saw something very small on his last scan (less than 2mm) but it had not been there before. It could be from a respitory infection he had a few weeks before the scan but SIL thinks it looked more like a tumor.

Note - I am being careful not to mention specific words associated with his condition because SIL may find this on an internet search & I just don't want that to happen.

They are supposed to be down tomorrow for the day.  It will be the first time since October that we've had all of the cousins together.  Not crazy over DH's sisters but I love for my boys to get to play with their cousins.  Plus knowing that any time our one nephew could relapse with not many treatment options left we have to cherish the time for all of the kids to get together.  Through this battle we have learned of so many kids who have this type of cancer (but not necessarily the genetic condition) who did not make it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Feel free to delete that if you want, just in case SIL finds it.

Thats so sad. I couldnt even imagine being that boy, or his mother. Its heart wrenching.  Im glad to hear everyone will be together too. Keep me posted on the scan. I will be praying for him.

• Options
    Wow, this is such a sad and scary story. I hope your kids are all enjoying their time together - life is too precious. I almost want to cry. Dang hormones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"