Trouble TTC
Options

N3T related.... I need some ideas for Dinner

I'm getting so tired of the same old meals. Anyone have any yummy ideas. DH is super healthy and won't eat red meat. So anything with Chicken, Turkey, or Fish?

Re: N3T related.... I need some ideas for Dinner

• Options
    Not sure how much time you have before dinner, but I love throwing a jar of salsa and chicken breasts into the crock pot and letting it cook on high for about 4 hours. So tender and juicy! Can serve it over rice and beans or with taco shells/lettuce/sour cream/etc. 
    I love to make chicken, salsa, black beans, and corn and serve it over rice.  It is super simple- I just cube up a few chicken breasts and cook them in a skillet.  When they are cooked, I add a jar of salsa, a drained and rinsed can of black beans, and some steamed corn.  I try to cut carbs where I can so I eat it that way with a little bit of Mexican blend cheese sprinkled on top, but DH likes me to put his over rice.
    Married 8/2009, TTC since 4/2010
    ME: 30, DOR- Low amh, normal fsh/afc DH: 30, morphology issue
    IVF #1- BFN
    IVF #2- BFP!!! Beautiful baby girl became an angel on 2/6/13 at 17.5 weeks due to PPROM/IC
    IVF #3- New RE... February March 2014! 8r/6m/6f. Transferred one and have one frostie! BFP! EDD 12/7/14
    **PAIF/SAIF welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Lately I've been loving stir fry!  Most recently we did green beans, carrots, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, water chesnuts, and chicken.  

I marinated the chicken for about an hour in some soy sauce, chopped garlic, black pepper and ground ginger (but use whatever you've got)  and then sauteed them in a piping hot pan with a little evoo.  Once cooked through I removed the chicken and set aside to rest for a couple minutes. Then I sauteed the veggies until crisp tender,  and tossed it with just a bottled teriyaki sauce.  Then I sliced up the chicken into thin strips and added it back to the pan, added more teriyaki.   Served it over brown rice! yum!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I'm getting hungry reading these! All sound so good. This may help add more to my meal menu Smile
  • Options
    I made BBQ Korean chicken, and grilled asparagus with garlic butter.. And some curry noodles.
  • Options
    Shepard's Pie is a staple in our house! We use beef or chicken. Boil your chicken, "shred" it and put in bottom of a pan you would use for a casserole. Put gravy or cream of something soup on it, then put a can of drained corn or whatev veggies you have in the pantry. Put a layer of mashed potatoes on top of all that and bake. Everything is already cooked, so it doesn't take to long in the over. Enjoy whatever you make for dinner! 
    TTC with help since 3/17/11
    Me:30 DH:36
    Taking Provera, Metformin and Clomid
    June Clomid 50mg cd 3-7, no O
    August Clomid 100mg cd 3-7, no O
    PCOS dx 9/23/11 & BC to reset hormones
    November Clomid 100mg cd 1-5, poss O cd41, BFN
    HSG - All Clear 11/23/11
    P/SAIF Welcome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mexican Lasagna! So yummy, can be accommodated to any diet and you almost always have ingredients. I am a vegetarian, but you can easily add chicken. Sautee onions, garlic, and peppers with the chicken (if using). Throw in a few cans of drained beans (black, kidney, chick peas, whatever) and corn if you like it. Add either a can of tomatoes or salsa.  Add whatever spices you like, I prefer corriander, cumin, s&p, smoked paprika or a packet of taco seasoning, and cilantro and reduce the liquid to basically nothing. It should not be runny at all. Layer this mixture with cheese and tortillas until you end up with just cheese on top.  Bake at 400 until the cheese is brown.
  • Options

I replace ground beef with ground turkey or ground pork or combo often in things like spaghetti, meatloaf, shepards pie

ETA- my shepards pie is cook the meat with onions, garlic and other spices to taste and add tomato sauce. Layer mash potatoes, veggies (peas, carrots, corn anything or all), then meat of choice, then either biscuit mix or cornbread mix 

• Options
    Skinnytaste.com is a great site.  Also, are you on Pinterest?
  • Options

Some of the stuff I make:

Baked chicken dish - season with salt, pepper, favorite seasonings, place over fresh green beans and surround with sweet potatoes. Bake at 350 for 35minutes or until chicken is cooked through

Chicken pot pie - I do my chicken in the crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup during the day, then prepare the rest of the Pilsbury.com recipe when I get home

Lemon pepper tilapia

Probably not the best season, but I sub spaghetti squash for actual pasta then top it with fresh sauce and veggies

Stuffed peppers wth grown turkey and brown rice

Turkey taco salads (we use tortilla chips instead of a fried shell)

Pioneer Woman Dr. Pepper pork roast. I use beef. I know you said he doesn't eat a lot of red meat, but you could stil to pork if he eats that. I love this on taco salads, too, because it's nice and spicy.

BBQ chicken in the crockpot - I make my own BBQ sauce and let it cook all day

Italian burgers with zucchini and squash "fries" (or sweet potato fries)

Shish-ke-bobs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

Thomas Keller's simple roast chicken is amazing. I make one at least once a week and we never get tired of it. You seriously just salt and pepper a whole chicken, and roast at 425 degrees at 20min per pound. Do not open the oven, do not baste. When it is done, let it rest for 10 min, and you have a perfectly roasted chicken. Eat some that night with roasted veggies (you can put them in the pan with the chicken), and then use the rest for leftover dinners. With my last chicken I made:

Southwestern polenta "pizza" - polenta crust, pureed black beans, shredded chicken, cheese, fresh cilantro

Chicken tortilla soup - Epicurious has a great recipe for shrimp tortilla soup, but I use chicken instead. So good!

If you like smoked salmon, I made a smoked salmon tortilla pizza. Brown rice tortilla that is crisped in the oven. Spread with cream cheese. Add thinly sliced lemon, smoked salmon, cucumbers, fresh dill and capers. DH looooved that, and it is way better for you than potato pancakes with smoked salmon.

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Pinterest has so many great ideas for fast and easy dinners.  My favorite is the balsamic butter sauce.  Reduce just over a cup of balsamic on the stove down to about 3T.  Add a T of brown sugar (I've used sugar in the raw in a pinch and it worked just as well) and then a stick of butter.  You can toss it over pasta, put it over chicken or fish or use it as a dipping sauce for wings. 

Last night I made roasted tomato and ginger soup.  I quartered about 8 tomatoes and tossed with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Put them on a cookie sheet and roast at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.  Toss them in a pot with some broth (either veggie or chicken) and blend with a submersible blender.  Grate a bit of fresh ginger into the soup depending on how much you like ginger and then serve.

image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options
    I do have pintrest! I ALWAYS forget about it. I am new to it and never use it. Thanks for reminding me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"