January 2011 Moms
Options

Shopping

Where do you do most of your grocery shopping at, and why?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shopping

• Options
    The commissary on post, because I can get $100 worth of groceries for like $60.  If I don't feel like going on post then I go to Food Lion because they have good sales and their store brands are super cheap but still taste good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate all the grocery stores in town (Kroger, Food Lion, and the commissary). They're all run down, crowded, and have a poor selection. My heart is with Publix, but it's quite a ways away. We usually shop there twice a month and supplement with groceries from Kroger. When we move in the fall we will be in the same town as Publix so I will shop there exclusively.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Depends on the sales ad-  I hate running to 3 or 4 different stores so I pick the one store with the overall best sales that week.  I prefer Harris Teeter because it is the cleanest but the one near my house has a terrible time keeping the shelves stocked.  Food Lion has good prices but is kind of dirty.  Lowes Foods is nice but not near my house (one opens this summer in a development 5 minutes from my house).  I buy some stuff in bulk at Sams once or twice a month.

• Options

We don't have a Kroger, Publix, Food Lion or Harris Teeter here or Nebraska. In fact I've never heard of any of them. That's so weird. 

We mostly get groceries at the new Walmart (cheap and clean) or Target (same reasons) There's a Hy-Vee a few blocks from the house that I'll go to for a quick in and out too.  

• Options
    We don't have most of the chains listed above in NH either.  We have a Market Basket - where I usually shop because it is the cheapest, Hannafords, and Shaws.  They are all on the same stretch of road about 20 mins down the highway from me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagedebperdoo:
    We don't have most of the chains listed above in NH either.  We have a Market Basket - where I usually shop because it is the cheapest, Hannafords, and Shaws.  They are all on the same stretch of road about 20 mins down the highway from me.

I would kill for some Shaws brand triple chocolate cookies right now! It's been wayyy too long since I've had those.

• Options
    imageffejsGirl:

We don't have a Kroger, Publix, Food Lion or Harris Teeter here or Nebraska. In fact I've never heard of any of them. That's so weird. 

We mostly get groceries at the new Walmart (cheap and clean) or Target (same reasons) There's a Hy-Vee a few blocks from the house that I'll go to for a quick in and out too.  

I seriously love Hy-Vee - I have no clue what their grocery prices are like but everytime I go to our plant in Iowa I eat breakfast there. 

• Options
    Kroger, Meijer or Walmart.
  • Options

imageRosieBcheeks98:
    Kroger, Meijer or Walmart.

Me too. Why have I never heard of half the other stores listed. lol

• Options

We do not have even one of these stores in NY. (Well, there is Target and our local one just added a food section which is pretty big, but the selection is not *that* great.)

We shop mostly at Shop Rite these days and sometimes go to Stop & Shop. We also go to Fairway quite a bit.

I'm trying to get into couponing too and apparently Shop Rite and Stop & Shop are better places to do that 'cause they double a lot of coupons.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    I prefer Shop Rite because of their selection and prices. When I'm in a hurry I go to Foodtown but they are pricey. I really like A&P but the one close to me kept flooding really badly so it hasn't reopened yet (I hope they still do).
  • Options
    I generally go to Alid's because they have way cheaper prices.  My favorite place to shop is Hyvee and when they have sales they are generally very good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"