August 2012 Moms
Options

My ultimate body butter journey

My battle with my pregnancy body began with horid stretch marks on my hips and inner thighs at 10 weeks despite not gaining a single pound. I know a body butter or vitamin E oil isn't going to make them disappear completely but I need some comfort knowing I have SOME type of authority over them. They have since migrated slightly but at a much slower pace.

I started with Palmers cocoa butter but gave up after about a week. The cocoa made me want to eat cookies and the smell all together wasn't favorable.

I tried a few different scents from Bath and Body works but their "body butter" seemed more like a lotion still and at their prices I wanted a thicker product with more vitamins for my skin rather than a smell.

Burts Bees mama bee belly butter was a definite runner up for me, I paired it with thier vitamin E oil but again, the smell was not my favorite.

A few days ago while at Sephora I tried Soap and Glory body butter and I am in love with both the scent and consistency. It keeps my skin soft and touchable. Since the price range is higher I bought the small tub as a sample. While I can't say my marks are fading I can say that I finally found a product that I'm comfortable with recommending.

https://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P294724&categoryId=B70

What are some other favorites of ladies on this board?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My ultimate body butter journey

• Options

my favorite is Earth Mama Body butter...so far no new stretch marks (had a few on my inner thighs and hips from the wonderful freshman 15 weight gain in college that refuse to go away lol). Have no idea if it's just my body or if the stuff is actually keeping the stretch marks away, but I love how it's not greasy, smells good, and has lots of vitamins for my skin. I can't seem to be able to attach the link ( I am normally on a pc but today I'm using a mac...can't figure this thing out lol). But if you go to 

www.earthmamaangelbaby.com  

you can find it on there- sorry I couldn't make it clicky. :-)

• Options
    I have been using Burt's Mama Bee salve. Its a lot different then the body butter they have, its really thick and has a pretty light scent to it (not cocoa butter smell at all, more of an essential oil). I love this stuff...my only complaint is it has a similar consistency to vaseline so I don't the feeling of it...so I only put it on at night. I've read so many reviews on Bio Oil so this morning I dug out my jar of it I bought a year ago and tried it out. I am so happy I tried it because it pretty much soaks into your skin and my skin feels like silk now after 1 use. I've only used it this morning so I can give an opinion past that but so far so good! I'm going to continue with Bio Oil in the morning, Mama Bee at night.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I started out using Palmers Cocoa Butter and it caused me to break out in a rash.  It did so in my last pregnancy as well, but not until the end.  I thought it was an end of pregnancy hormonal change thing. But alas I broke out this time as well.  And it made me itchier!  So I went searching too and a few ladies recommended this: 

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=950230465&MasterCategory_Id=MC20

I love it!  Smells good, feels good, it works! 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No stretch marks so far this pregnancy but I am not all that surprised as I didn't get any with my son. That being said, I still moisturize with my favorite body butter of all time - CO Bigelow's Lemon Butter. I am OBSESSED.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options
    I also use Burts Bee Mama Bee belly butter! I love it so far, no stretch marks here yet. Hoping to keep them at bay I am more worried about getting them on my boobs :( The smell does not bother me, it doesn't seem to have much of a smell at all.
  • Options
    I love Soap & Glory!!
  • Options

L'occitane Amande body oil.... A little goes a long way and absorbs quickly. Doesnt leave your skin oily. Love this stuff...smells good but not overpowering. I've been usng it since week 10 and I'm 20 weeks now...my skin feels great! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"