2nd Trimester
Options

Rec your steam mop, please

We are about to put down hardwood floors and I'd like to get a steam mop for cleaning them.  I've read some reviews online but I'd like your input, too.  TIA.
image image 

Re: Rec your steam mop, please

• Options

We have a Shark steam mop and love it.  It is the best thing on our hardwood floors.  Everything else we mop them with always left streaks, but the shark doesn't.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

https://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=33610106

My DH and I got this one last week, we've only used it twice but so far we love it!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, Shark is a really good brand. If you want to get something other than that, though, just make sure it says "safe for hardwood." Most of them are, but the one we have isn't. (We have linoleum)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

shark vac & steam

It was worth the little extra money to be able to vaccum up crumbs and dog hair first and instantly switch to steam mop mode. 

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have a steam shark pro and it's too much of a PITA for regular use.

It has a "ready" light that comes on when it's fully pressurized, and a "wait" light for when it needs to re-pressurize (is that a word?). It randomly switches back to "wait" while you're in the middle of cleaning and you don't notice until you realize you've just squirted a giant puddle of water on the floor that you then have to go back and sop up. 

It does work well for the occasional deep cleaning. It was able to get most of the stains out of my unglazed 80-year-old bathroom tile.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we have the Orek Steam Mop but I love it bc it will refresh your carpets as well!

I have had mine for about 3 years, and we had tried others but nothing does it like the Orek.

Oh and it has an attachment for windows, or shower doors.... :o)

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    The shark is awesome.... I LOVE ours. ;-) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for the Shark.
  • Options
    imagedangerkitty102:

shark vac & steam

It was worth the little extra money to be able to vaccum up crumbs and dog hair first and instantly switch to steam mop mode. 

THIS :)

• Options
    Popping in to say Shark!  lol.  I've wanted one for ages as I usually take care of the floors on hands and knees with a bucket and sponge because I think mops are disgusting.  The shark cuts cleaning time in half and does a far superior job!
  • Options
    I?ve had two sharks in the past. While I liked them both, they only lasted a year each. Not sure if I just used them too much or had bad models.
  • Options
    M&D06M&D06 member
    We have a Haan Slim and Light and I love that thing.  We did have a Shark pocket steam mop but it only lasted about a year.  The handle is really flimsy and it snapped on me one day and steam/water started coming out everywhere..I was not happy. 
  • Options
    imagemswood1977:

We have a Shark steam mop and love it.  It is the best thing on our hardwood floors.  Everything else we mop them with always left streaks, but the shark doesn't.

All of this I absolutely love mine!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Euroflex Monster and love it.  If you go on Amazon and look at any steam mops, at the bottom of the page there is this lady who reviewed all steam mops and rates them.  It's REALLY thorough and long but it was worth reading.
  • Options

imageNicholetta77:
    We have the Euroflex Monster and love it.  If you go on Amazon and look at any steam mops, at the bottom of the page there is this lady who reviewed all steam mops and rates them.  It's REALLY thorough and long but it was worth reading.

I actually read that earlier today.  I like the Monster and the Haan.  I think I'm going to get the Haan.

image image 

• Options
    Late to this, but I bought the Eureka b/c it had better reviews on Amazon and I HATE it.  It's terrible.  I'd much prefer something with a  microfiber pad...I felt like I was rubbing a damp dishtowel around my floor with the eureka.  Wished I'd gotten the Shark or Haan.
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"