September 2012 Moms
Options

Strollers...

What strollers are you ladies getting/considering?  I would LOVE to have a pram, but the cheapest starts at $500+, which is ridiculous.  Especially since you have to buy an extra conversion if you want to use it for a toddler.  I did manage to find a more affordable compromise (since it's currently on sale) - the Hauck 3022 Malibu stroller (https://www.albeebaby.com/hauck-2011-malibu-stroller-in-black.html?utm_source=Google_Products&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts), but I don't know much about the brand.  So many decisions... my head is spinning!

Re: Strollers...

• Options
    I think we have decided on the Britax B-Agile with the B-safe carrier. It seems to get great reviews and It's on the more affordable end for Britax.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

I have an I'Coo Targo. It has been great but I do wish it had the second seat option.

It comes with the bassinet and carseat attachment. When the carseat is attached, the stroller seat is not so it is more like a snap and go.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh! I've been searching for a pram too! My husband hates it, but I am just in love with it :-)

I'm trying to calm down until I know the sex, but I did like the bugaboo missoni stroller if it's a boy. If it's a girl, I'll be back on my pram hunt. 

A friend of mine is team one and done so I'm just going to snag her jogger so I only have one to buy.

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We were debating between the britax b agile and the city mini and also getting a Bob. I think we might go with the city mini gt because it has all terrain tires and skip the bob for now. We don't really jog we would use it for camping and such and I'm sure the city mini gt would be sufficient. I love love love the city select but I can't justify it since we are having one child and aren't planning on another right away.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

We have the Britax B Ready stroller

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Zulily has the Bumbleride Queen B pram style (I know it's not a true pram) with toddler attachment for $365 today:

https://www.zulily.com/e/bumbleride-040312.html?pos=94&ref=todays-events 

If you're not a member:

https://www.zulily.com/invite/kwells017 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was going to go with the City Mini but a lot of people with longer strides complained about constantly kicking the bottom bar. DH has a long stride, so I figured that'd probably be a problem.

So then I figured the Britax B-Agile would work, as it's similar to the City Mini but doesn't have the same bar in the back.

And then we went and drove some strollers around the baby store, and DH decided that he was too tall(he's not so tall, but whatever) for both the City Mini and the B-Agile, so now we're looking for one with an adjustable handlebar. Maybe the City Mini GT but it still has the bar in the back. 

• Options
    imagelinzeek44:

I was going to go with the City Mini but a lot of people with longer strides complained about constantly kicking the bottom bar. DH has a long stride, so I figured that'd probably be a problem.

So then I figured the Britax B-Agile would work, as it's similar to the City Mini but doesn't have the same bar in the back.

And then we went and drove some strollers around the baby store, and DH decided that he was too tall(he's not so tall, but whatever) for both the City Mini and the B-Agile, so now we're looking for one with an adjustable handlebar. Maybe the City Mini GT but it still has the bar in the back. 

the gt has the bar but I've heard the adjustable handlebar takes care of this problem for most tall parents.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• Options

imageLittle Monchichi:
    What strollers are you ladies getting/considering?  I would LOVE to have a pram, but the cheapest starts at $500+, which is ridiculous.  Especially since you have to buy an extra conversion if you want to use it for a toddler.  I did manage to find a more affordable compromise (since it's currently on sale) - the Hauck 3022 Malibu stroller (https://www.albeebaby.com/hauck-2011-malibu-stroller-in-black.html?utm_source=Google_Products&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts), but I don't know much about the brand.  So many decisions... my head is spinning!

That is actually the exact stroller that I picked up, and so far it seems really good.  The only issue was due to how they packed it; the handle foam was ripped but the manufacturer sent us a replacement frame.  Everything seems to fit together nicely, and it turns on a dime. I haven't tried it with a child in it yet though, since this is my first child. 

Just a note, the 2012 models won;t come with the bassinet standard, and will be an additional charge, so if you like it order the 2011 one before it is gone.

Good luck on your hunt!

• Options

imagekismetjess:
    I think we have decided on the Britax B-Agile with the B-safe carrier. It seems to get great reviews and It's on the more affordable end for Britax.

Exactly what we're doing/getting.

BTW, Amazon.com has the B-Agile in black for $198, and in red for $178. Just an FYI. Cheaper than the $250 at BRU.

DH and I almost purchased it last night, but we decided to put our money towards the nursery furniture in case it takes a while to get it in after ordering it. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    We had 2 strollers to start -- the snap n' go for the infant carseat, and the BOB for walks and runs.  This worked out great, but the BOB was really huge to schlep around and I didn't want to travel with it.....so we bought the Baby Jogger City Mini, and I adore it.  I can hold DS in one arm and fold it up in the other arm........it's very maneuverable, lightweight, and comfortable for DS.  I'll be carrying this baby for the first year and then use the City Mini for her.....DS is just about done with strollers.
    Thanks for all the responses, ladies.  The info is really helpful!!!
  • Options
    After already having 2 kids, I have come to realize that a stroller is just that, a stroller.  I can't imagine paying so much.  To each her own...
    image.
  • Options

I figure the stroller I'm considering is on sale and still reasonable in price compared to many of the travel systems out there.  I guess I'm more willing to splurge on some things since I am a one and done and we have waited so long for this.

• Options
    We're also doing the Britax B-Agile and B-Safe... love that they act like a travel system, they're in the price range I'm comfortable with, the stroller folds up really small, it only weighs 17 lbs., and it maneuvered wonderfully in the store.  I think it's pretty comparable with the city mini, but the only reason we didn't go with that is we'd have to mess around with the carseat adapter bar.  Oh, and I love the red color the Britaxes come in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"