April 2012 Moms
Options

My trip to the ER

So I was just breastfeeding Peyton in my bedroom, sitting "indian style" on my bed and I noticed my back was starting to ache. I was begging her to hurry up, as if she could understand me...I ended up having to unlatch her to try to stretch out my back a little. Doing the cat like yoga pose, usually does the trick. Well it didn't. Then DH came in the room and I asked him to pop my back like he usually does because the pain was just increasing by the second.

Well shortly after that the pain got so bad I was rolling around in pain trying to find a comfortable position, with no luck. I then began to think maybe it was gas pains so I went to the bathroom. Nothing.

I then crawled out of the bathroom headed toward the living room(where my parents were, since they were over for dinner) and started to explain my pains. Severe pain in my mid back that was wrapping around to my ribs and I was really having a hard time breathing. And I was sweating my @ss off!

My mom was trying to tell me to lay flat and just calm down but I was just stumbling and rolling all over the place trying to find a position to better comfort my back pains. 

I then gave in and asked DH to take me to the ER. It was such a horrible drive, except the windows being rolled down was amazing.

We get inside and we are checking in and I start to feel nauseous and I notice the pain is creeping up into my neck as well. By the time I get seen by a triage nurse I am not in as much pain. Figures.

I then get sent back to the waiting room until they have a bed available. We were sitting there for almost an hour and I start freaking out that I can't be with Peyton and crying because I don't know how she'd get to eat when her next feeding was due since I was at the hospital.

The pain doesn't ever come back full force and I was told there were 5 people in front of me waiting for rooms. So I decided to just go home.

My mom told me I need to start feeding Peyton in the rocking chair again so that my back can be supported. She is probably right, but I didn't think something like that could cause such a scene.

And to top it all off, Peyton won't go down for the night, she is wide awake at 12am. Ugh. Tonight is going to be awesome....

Vent over. 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My trip to the ER

• Options
    Yikes..that is scary.  Hopefully it was just that you needed back support.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better, but how scary! I know BF'ing can be VERY hard on your back, especially if you get slouchy. Hopefully it was just a bad position or pinched nerve or something!
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebiblionerd:
    I'm glad you're feeling better, but how scary! I know BF'ing can be VERY hard on your back, especially if you get slouchy. Hopefully it was just a bad position or pinched nerve or something!

First of all, love the new picture of Linus, I can't believe he is 11months now!

And I have always bad posture and been pretty bad about sitting up straight and taking care of myself basically. So I'm sure it has really taken a toll on me since adding BFing into the mix. But I have definitely learned my lesson. Although I did still do her feedings last night in bed, I was sure to prop myself up against the pillows up against the headboard.

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"