Success after IF
Options

Hunger Games review - no spoilers

OMG!!!  So amazing.  The characters were spot on - and Gale was a nice piece of eye candy I might add!!  The visuals and cinematography were perfect.  I know it's already received rave reviews around these parts but I jut wanted to add my two cents.
TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
TTC #3 since February 2010
FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hunger Games review - no spoilers

• Options
    I can't wait to see it! It is getting such mixed reviews it seems!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

I saw it yesterday and was a little more mixed.  Admittedly, I am prone to motion sickness but the unsteady camera in some parts really bugged me and I felt like I couldnt focus on anything.  Also, Peeta was smaller than I thought he should have been - I didnt really buy him throwing that huge weight.  Katniss was big too - not fat but tall and not like the scrawny, petite image that I had.

The movie was good though - it was long but DH claimed that they should have made it 3 hours because of everything that was left out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-----Lisa-----
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLisaMarisa:

I saw it yesterday and was a little more mixed.  Admittedly, I am prone to motion sickness but the unsteady camera in some parts really bugged me and I felt like I couldnt focus on anything.  Also, Peeta was smaller than I thought he should have been - I didnt really buy him throwing that huge weight.  Katniss was big too - not fat but tall and not like the scrawny, petite image that I had.

The movie was good though - it was long but DH claimed that they should have made it 3 hours because of everything that was left out.

Yes the unsteady camera did ake a bit getting used to and I agree on those points about Peeta and Katniss.  I think I enjoyed it ap much because I read the book already - so yes I do think you get more out of the book but i think that's the inherent difference between a book and a movie.  There's no way - even in 3 hrs - that you could include everything that's in the book.  But in terms of a movie made from a book - pretty damn good!! 

TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLisaMarisa:

I haven't seen the movie yet but when I saw the characters that was my first thought too, I had envisioned a heavy guy, not fat but just thick.  I already new Lawrence was cast when I read the book so I think I envisioned her while reading it for that reason.  I am really looking forward to seeing the movie!

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options
    imageohiostategal:
    imageLisaMarisa:

I haven't seen the movie yet but when I saw the characters that was my first thought too, I had envisioned a heavy guy, not fat but just thick.  I already new Lawrence was cast when I read the book so I think I envisioned her while reading it for that reason.  I am really looking forward to seeing the movie!

This was my thought too (about peeta).  I was resistant to read the books but DH read the first one and wanted to see the movie.  I started reading it Thursday night and finished the third one last night!  Obviously I loved them, can't wait to see the movie. 

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    i bought the book yesterday!  started it at 10pm and finished at 4:30 am..loved it and now we're gonna go to dinner and see the movie tonight :)
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"