September 2012 Moms
Options

Getting the baby to move during an u/s

Tomorrow is our early gender u/s. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! Anyone have tips on getting the baby to move around incase our little one is being shy?
photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting the baby to move during an u/s

• Options
    I am getting mine on Monday and they told us to drink like juice or a slushie to get the baby moving around and awake.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At my NT Scan, baby was asleep for the 1st hour and 1/2 or so that I was there. Luckily it was slow & I was the only one scheduled all day, so we had time to try and wake/get baby to shift positions for correct shots needed. The tech tried a multitude of tricks to try to wake/move baby including: jiggling the probe on my stomach, having me cough, roll from side to side, walk around, do jumping jacks, dance, drink some juice. Nothing seemed to work as my LO was stubbornly napping. The most it did was stretch its arms & legs, just to return to the original position. The tech ended up having me leave for a lunch break. I drank a mocha coffee and ate fries from McD's. That did the trick! Baby was wide awake once I returned. She said that was very rare for none of the tricks to work and I must have a very chill baby hanging out in me. Good luck tomorrow...I'm sure you won't have any issues :)
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I did an elective u/s with DD, the studio told me to drink juice/soda/something sugary about 20 minutes prior. 

However, my appt was at 3p, but they were running behind, so they didn't get me back there until 4:30p. By then, DD was back asleep.  So, you may want to call before you chug, to see if they are running late. 

Happy ultra sounding! 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    I have this concern as well.  Our early gender scan is on Thursday.  I've been told to drink a cup of OJ before you go.  Hopefully that will work! Best of luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had ours Friday and our little girl was stubbornly sitting on her feet.  I was so upset, but our ultrasound tech was as stubborn as I am impatient and after 45 minutes and lots of jiggling we got the picture!  Good luck!

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • Options
    with DD i drank a cup of Orange juice not alot just enough to get baby going
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    drink some apple juice while in the waiting room. It should work like a charm!

• Options
    When we went in for our 12w US the sonographer asked if I had just eaten, because our LO was moving all over the place :-)  When we said yes, she said that babies are always on the move after a meal.  Good Luck!!
  • Options
    A cold cup of OJ 30 min before and iced water 5-10 min before is what my OB & Peri recommended w/ DD. OB has had me do the same this time around.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options
    Before my NT, I had eaten a bite size package of Twizzlers and it was just enough sugar to make the baby arch its neck and wave it arms a little during the whole u/s.  It was so much fun seeing the baby move before I could feel it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"