March 2012 Moms
Options

Is my kid really short?

Kelsey was 8lbs and 18.5in at birth. It seems like everyone else's babies are 20+ inches and the 8pounders seem to be more like 21-22in!  3.5 inches seems like a huge difference! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is my kid really short?

• Options
    They may not have got a really good measure of her.
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • Options
    My daughter was 18inches at birth. The Dr. said 18-21inches is normal, if that helps! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dean was 18 in at birth, and weighed 7 pounds 1 oz. Now at two weeks old hes 20.5 inches. I dont think the measured him accurately when he was born though, because growing 2.5 inches in two weeks seems like a lot! But he's still definitely a little guy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't think that's "short". DD was 21" at birth (95th%) and 7lbs 15oz which from a height/weight ratio puts her in the 5th%, so really skinny for her height.

I think your LO is just fine!  And they're hard to measure, they're so squirmy!

• Options
    Dd was 18 inches at birth. I'm only 5'ft so I figure she will probably just be short like me
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Sabrina was 19 inches at birth, but only weighed 5 lbs 15 oz. She is now 7 lbs 8 oz, but I haven't had her measured again since birth. Her 1 month appointment isn't until April 9. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS was only 19in!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
  • Options

DS was 18" at birth (he's 50th percentile for height now)

DD was 19" at birth (she's 50th percentile for height now)

DD2 was 17.5"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    I wouldn't worry about it personally.. they said I was a long baby and I ended up 5 foot 1 an a half Huh?.. your baby will end up the height they were meant to be regardless of length now :)
  • Options
    DS was 19in at birth.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"