January 2011 Moms
Options

Names

What is/was a name you loved, that your SO shot down right away?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Names

• Options

Jemma- SO hated it.

Ruby- Love that name, yet neighbors dog is named that.

Jack- other neighbors dog.

• Options

I liked Jemma too, MarSam!

I loved Natalie but H didn't want her to be called Nat or Natty and I couldn't get him to look past that possibility :( (I'm jealous of you SweetH)

I really loved Lydia as well, but he shot that down right away.

We never had an issue with boy names. He always liked whatever I came up with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For a girl, I loved Leigh Ann. That was shot down right away. For a boy I liked Wyatt and that was a no. We agreed on Brady for a boy.... I wanted Brady Graham, but DH said no because I'd be "winning" both names. He thinks the Brady is for Tom Brady and the Graham is for Graham Rahal, two of my favorite athletes. It's actually just a coincidence but there was no convincing him otherwise. We settled on Brady Alexander, but alas, no boy baby.
  • Options
    imageffejsGirl:

I liked Jemma too, MarSam!

I loved Natalie but H didn't want her to be called Nat or Natty and I couldn't get him to look past that possibility :( (I'm jealous of you SweetH)

I really loved Lydia as well, but he shot that down right away.

We never had an issue with boy names. He always liked whatever I came up with.

I'm sure I'll call her Nat at some point, but I'd never let my family know that. They are obsessed with nicknaming my children and it bugs me SO much. I think a nickname is something you get from friends as you grow up - something that goes with your personality.
  • Options

DH was the one coming up with names I shot down....

Sammy Kershaw's song Vidialia was big when I was pregnant with Justin - he wanted to name him that if she were a girl.  He liked the middle name Case for Justin but I was not on board with that - we finally agreed on Andrew.

He did not really like my girls name for Justin - Caitlyn Kristina.

We really did not get a chance to discuss girls names with Joshua since we found out his gender within two days.  He liked Lane which I was not crazy over.  If Joshua had been a girl I would have fought tooth & nail for Madeliene Suzette.

• Options
    For a girl I loved Novalee Elizabeth but DH hated it and for a boy I liked Matteo (since DH's name is Matthew but he doesn't want a junior) but he doesn't like it anymore.  DH came up with Iden when we first started trying for #2 if it was a boy but by the time we found out he really was a he, DH didn't like it anymore. 
  • Options

Pretty much any boy name. lol.  The thing is, I kind of threw names out there without 'thinking' about them initially, but our last name is surprisingly difficult to match up with first names, and especially nicknames, so I would've vetoed them if I thought it through.  Gabriel, no.  Benjamin, no. Samuel, no.

If we have another H is going to push hard for Ava for a girl, but that's a big veto for me.  It's all but identical to my first name, which is super quirky with my married last name as it is.  Bleh.

• Options
    I think I shot down more names he wanted. I did however try hard to use Presley for a middle name (boy or girl) because of my love for Elvis LOL. He wasn't digging it.
  • Options

We really did not agree on names at all.  We didn't know what we were going to name DS until after he was born.  The names I wanted the most though were immediately shot down.

Girl: Grace

Boy: Tyler or Dylan

• Options

Violet

Vivienne

Evangeline

He hated most of my picks actually.  Shiloh was a compromise.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"