October 2012 Moms
Options

Any first time moms....

Freaking out? I feel like there is so much to learn and I have no idea where to start. We don't have any family or friends in this area because we just moved and I feel like I have no one to talk to and no clue what I am doing or going to do.:( Everything is just feeling a little overwhelming...

Oh and my pants are starting to get tight and I don't know what to do because I can't find any pants in my size in a tall. Bah!

Re: Any first time moms....

• Options

I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed. I think it's a completely normal feeling. This is our first, and while we have had plenty of time to prepare, I didn't realize how little I knew about babies until I am faced with the prospect of having one.

I'm really tall too and my pants are uncomfotable. I know Macy's has tall mat. pants. Other than that, I'm kind of piecing things together for the spring (I teach) with leggings/dresses and skirts, etc. I found some cute capris that I can wear in May/June and those are nice because you don't have to worryy about length.

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options
    Old Navy has tall maternity pants. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awe. It's going to be ok. And you have more friends nearby then you think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought this pregnancy planner called 40+ weeks.  It has a cute little checklist that makes me think of things I need to do and makes me feel like I am covering all the bases even if I'm probably not, but it (a) prevents me from freaking out and (b) has a few things to do every few weeks (write a will, think about cord blood banking, etc.) so it makes it seem more do-able.  I figure if I'm missing anything else it is probably extra and not worth worrying about!
  • Options
    I completely understand how you feel. Between the m/s and all there is to think and prepare for by Oct. it can def be stressful and emotional. I think we just need to talk to people that have had kids, read books and take deep breaths! Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker C:UsersHomePicturesz.jpg
  • Options
    imagembm1983:

i feel kind of the opposite. I feel like maybe i should be freaking out, but i'm actually pretty relaxed all together. I know not stressing is better for me and baby anyways.

This is how I feel too.  I am pretty calm about the whole pregnancy.  Let's hope it continues through October.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm freaking out a bit. I think I will more when it's closer to baby's arrival. At least we have time to prepare, ask questions, and read up!

Maybe you'll be able to pull off capris throughout pregnancy since it's mainly throughout the warmer months!

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    You will be totally fine. I had never spent more than a few hours with a newborn when DD was born. I am the youngest child and cousin. My family doesn't live here. You will figure it out!!! Hang in there!
    Birthday

• Options
    I have all my family around, and I am still freaking out. I actually cried to my DH a few weeks back about how scared I am. We tried for our rainbow baby for six months, so I knew what I wanted. But when it happened, and it actually stuck, it was a little scary. Everything is going to change....EVERYTHING! But after having my 30 minute freakout lol, everything got better. I think I just needed to let all my fears out and know that my DH has some of the same fears, but knowing that we are both excited, it's an amazing thing!
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I am 6'0" tall and have only found one pair of pants that barely are long enough. I found them at Kohls. They are black work pants. I have not found any jeans. I have been wearing capris and shorts lol even though its 50 degrees some days!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Depending how big you are and if you are fitting into your pants everywhere except your tummy a bellyband could help in the mean time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"