January 2011 Moms
Options

First Illness

Joshua had to make his first sick visit to the pedi today.  He was feverish when I picked him up from my mom's and he was pulling on his ear.  This morning he woke up with a fever again and was obviously not feeling well so I hurried in the catch our pedi's emergency Saturday hours.  After checking him over he did have an ear infection and our pedi gives antibiotics for them.  

I forgot how pitiful the littles ones are when they are sick.  He cuddled in my lap for a long time this afternoon just all quiet like instead of full-steam ahead playing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First Illness

• Options
    Poor guy! Hope he's feeling better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hope he's feeling better soon. Ear infections are awful. I don't know if your pedi suggested it, but whenever Aiden had one I was big on alternating ibuprofen/tylenol to help with the discomfort and let him get some rest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww, poor baby :-(

• Options

imageffejsGirl:
    Hope he's feeling better soon. Ear infections are awful. I don't know if your pedi suggested it, but whenever Aiden had one I was big on alternating ibuprofen/tylenol to help with the discomfort and let him get some rest.

Thanks for the hint.  He seemed to sleep well last night once we got him to go to sleep - about 2 hours past normal time.  Unfortunately ibuprofen hypes him up so I only give it to him after his morning/mid-day nap is done.  We found that out when he was teething and tylenol was not helping him sleep. Ibuprofen used to knock Justin out and I was holding out on trying it with Joshua. 

He is back to himself this morning - trying to tear the house down. 

• Options
    I'm glad he's feeling better!  And, I'm impressed that this is only his first illness.  He must have great genes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"