January 2011 Moms
Options

NTR - Tired of 'friends' giving my name/number out

Grrr....

I am getting tired of friends giving our number out to people selling crap.  The other week it was some kid selling cutco knives.  DH was not home/I am a sucker/Joshua was tearing the hosue down during the demo so I bought some.  Now that they just came in I regret the purchase and really think I am going to package them up and send them back on Monday.

Then this week I get a call from another guy who is a financial planner.  Yeah, DH & I could probably use that kind of service but if we wanted it we would find someone instead of having a friend give our name out.

The Cutco kid wanted a list of names to contact - I told him no - If I found someone who wanted knives I would have them call him.

Just had to get that off my chest!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTR - Tired of 'friends' giving my name/number out

• Options
    Yeah, I would be annoyed too. I'm glad I don't know your friends!! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I find that really irritating. I've had all sorts of old highschool and college "friends" contact me through Facebook to set up financial planning meetings and get more contacts.

Someone from Jeff's office gave a guy his number and he WILL NOT leave us alone. Last night he stopped by our house at 5:30pm (supper time for the kids) and I think he got the hint. I opened the door a crack and said "We're eating supper right now" in a very "get the hell out of here" tone. Jeff said he calls him at least twice a day while he's at work and occasionally in the evenings. So damn annoying.

I put up a sign on our door that originally started as a way to keep the house quiet during nap time, but has been invaluable at keeping sales people away too. It just says "Children napping from 12-4pm, Please do not disturb!"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What?! That is really annoying. Sad

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you know exactly who did it? I would say something. Giving out peoples' numbers is never cool. When DH enlisted they hounded him for phone numbers of friends who may want to join. Even offered him a higher rank if he could recruit someone within 3 months. We refused to give any numbers and he did get a lot of flack for it, but that's just not something you do to a friend.
  • Options

Yeah - I know who did in both cases.  I guess I have a rep as a push-over.

I am seriously regretting the knive purchase - They are sitting in the box and I am going to re-read how to make a return and send them back.  I spent way too much for those stupid knives and am not impressed with the one I tried out of the set.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"