Health & Exercise

BOB Jogging Stroller

Okay, here is my dilemma.

My husband and I are outdoors people... I run and hike... So, we bought a BOB for our upcoming addition. They sell a car seat attachment and we were just going to use the BOB for our main stroller because the car seat is easy to attach. I love the BOB and could totally see myself using it as our "only" stroller.

Well, my mother seems to think otherwise. She feels that we need a regular stroller. Because for some reason she thinks the BOB is inappropriate to bring into regular stores, mall, etc...  Therefore, for our shower she went out on her own and purchased us a stroller/car seat combo. While it is exceptionally generous it is not really what I had in mind. She basically had a complete fit when I explained that we were going to take it back. (A whole different issue, I know).

So, I have two questions:

1. For someone who has used the BOB as just a jogger/fitness stroller and had a separate stroller for everyday use. If you could go back and do it again would you just have a BOB. Or do you think that just a BOB would be okay as an everyday and fitness stroller?

2. Is there anyone who has used a BOB as a regular and fitness stroller? If so, did you like it or do you wish you had had a regular stroller as well? 

Re: BOB Jogging Stroller

• I love our BOB Ironman, and have used it for running, walking, grocery shopping, etc. But I wouldn't want it as my only stroller. We travel a lot so having a small, lightweight stroller for taking in the car/on the plane was necessary. The BOB strollers are pretty big, and I would find it a little cumbersome to take to a mall or crowded shopping area.

But this is all personal opinion. No reason you couldn't try to get by with just one stroller and then get another down the road if necessary. 

• I do have a nice travel sized stroller... It folds up into an airline bag. I would use that when the baby can sit in it without the car seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a BOB Revolution. While we have other strollers, we mostly use the BOB with just one baby. I don't feel like we need the others. I take it to the mall, the grocery, etc.
    Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
  • We have the BOB revolution and I thought the same thing that we'd use it as a regular stroller but for quick little trips in and out of stores n what not I got a graco snap and go for $20 off Craigslist and glad I did.. BOB is heavy and sometimes too big to fit places... Otherwise has a GREAT ride and love using it for jogging!  

~Jenn~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cali *our first love* 1/20/12
  • imagejennayn:

We have the BOB revolution and I thought the same thing that we'd use it as a regular stroller but for quick little trips in and out of stores n what not I got a graco snap and go for $20 off Craigslist and glad I did.. BOB is heavy and sometimes too big to fit places... Otherwise has a GREAT ride and love using it for jogging!  

This is us too. I keep a snap and go in the trunk I got use online in the car for trips to the mall etc. I also baby wear quite a bit. We have a jeep and if I kept the BOB in the trunk all the time I would never be able to put anything else in there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a ftm, but my plans are to use my baby jogger and attachment for now and then get an additonal small umbrella type stroller later.  I will also probably wear the baby too until baby is older to places where the stroller might be cumbersome?
  • I bought an Iron Man on Craig's List a few months ago. We got a City Mini as a shower gift. I love having the lighter, more foldable one for the car. The bob is great for jogging, but I think I would hate it in a crowded mall or any tight spaces. Ours has a fixed wheel though, so I'm sure that is coloring my perspective though.
  • I have a BOB Revolution, and it is our only storller. My DD is 18 months old and we still use it to just go to the mall or quick trips to the store. Sometimes there are tight squeezes, but the revolution turns so easily its never been a huge problem. Now that DD is getting more independent, I am thinking about getting an umbrella stroller so it's smaller and something that she can get in and out of and I'm not left with a beast of a stroller and trying to wrangle her.
  • imagejennayn:

We have the BOB revolution and I thought the same thing that we'd use it as a regular stroller but for quick little trips in and out of stores n what not I got a graco snap and go for $20 off Craigslist and glad I did.. BOB is heavy and sometimes too big to fit places... Otherwise has a GREAT ride and love using it for jogging!  

This is us too.  Snap n Go has been great and I think we'll get a decent umbrella stroller later, but the Revolutions is our main stroller..the thing turns on a dime, so it seems like a smaller stroller..
    BFP #1 on 2.13.11, MM/C 04.11.11 @ 12W, 1D
    BFP #2 due on 2.17.12 - Happy Birthday Brooks 2.11.12
    BFP #3 on 11.14.12, M/C 12.3.12 @ 7W, 1D
    BFP #4 due 12.11.13- Happy Birthday Taylor @ 34w, 2d
    - 30w+1- pPROM and hospital bed rest till DD comes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Preemie ticker

image image
  • It's a great stroller and works well with the car seat attachment.  It is hard to maneouver in shops and has big wheels so tricky to get in some cars and you can't travel with it.  However, I wish we had not got the travel system stroller - waste of money and we don't use it - too bulky.  Get something like the chicco liteway stroller - light, easy to move and best if all - fully reclines!!! so they can nap in it if you're out.  Also, folds up completely small and goes on aircraft.
  • I love our BOB, but in a crowded store it can be a bit much. Like PP said, I got a Snap and Go off of Craigslist and we used it for about 5 months. It was great to keep in the car and use at the grocery store, mall etc... We just got a Citi Mini on sale. I love it for the same purpose (as the snap and go). The BOB is just so bulky and took up too much trunk space.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We only have the BOB as a stroller and have taken it everywhere(mall, Costco, park, gravel paths, Panera, big box stores) except into a "real" restaurant.  If we went out to eat, we just carried DS in the car seat and skipped the stroller.  I'm a bit concerned if we fly somewhere that the BOB will be a pain to travel with b/c it's big and will take up a lot of trunk space in a rental car and I'd worry that the baggage handlers will toss it around and it could get damaged.  It's finally getting warm enough now and DS is a good age to go jogging with it but haven't tried it yet.  I say stick with just one stroller and see how things go.  You can always go out and buy another stroller if it doesn't work for you. 
  • We have a BOB that we haven't used yet.  We mostly wear DS and will probably use the BOB for jogging and trips where we'll be outside for an extended period of time, such as an amusement park.
  • imagek8edgerton:

Okay, here is my dilemma.

My husband and I are outdoors people... I run and hike... So, we bought a BOB for our upcoming addition. They sell a car seat attachment and we were just going to use the BOB for our main stroller because the car seat is easy to attach. I love the BOB and could totally see myself using it as our "only" stroller.

Well, my mother seems to think otherwise. She feels that we need a regular stroller. Because for some reason she thinks the BOB is inappropriate to bring into regular stores, mall, etc...  Therefore, for our shower she went out on her own and purchased us a stroller/car seat combo. While it is exceptionally generous it is not really what I had in mind. She basically had a complete fit when I explained that we were going to take it back. (A whole different issue, I know).

So, I have two questions:

1. For someone who has used the BOB as just a jogger/fitness stroller and had a separate stroller for everyday use. If you could go back and do it again would you just have a BOB. Or do you think that just a BOB would be okay as an everyday and fitness stroller?

2. Is there anyone who has used a BOB as a regular and fitness stroller? If so, did you like it or do you wish you had had a regular stroller as well? 

Providing that the LO already has a stable neck control, Bob Revolution can serve the dual functions. It's capable to take up terrain for  jogging simply by lock up straight the swivel front wheel; while on the other hand, 360 degree rotating wheel helps to take up tight turning in store's aisle etc. The compact shape in folded position makes it perfect to bring with on a trip/place it in a trunk. Here's the link to see more reviews about the stroller (advantages and disadvantages): https://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/bob-revolution-se-stroller-reviews/ Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"