Infertility
Options

Is it normal to sway between panic attacks and excitement

Today I have had a bit more anxiety about everything that's coming.  Sometimes I'm really excited when I think about getting my rainbow, but I keep letting my mind wander to everything that can go wrong.  I know it's a bad idea, but I can't help it.  How do you stay focused and not let it get the best of you?
3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is it normal to sway between panic attacks and excitement

• Options
    I have the same feelings... i guess its normal lol
  • Options
    imageAngnShaun:
    I have the same feelings... i guess its normal lol
    I guess we have to try to keep eachother focused!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG - I can't even decide how I feel half the time! I was getting so overwhelmed when I was trying to order my meds, figure out my travel for work, etc. I made a list of the battles (steps) that needed to be won in order to conquer it (I talk about IF like it is a war). I like it because I have my whole long list in front of me but I can tell myself to JUST focus on the next one when getting anxious. My eyes do wonder, taking it all in, but it has been helpful to be able to focus all my energy on one thing at a time. For example, I really, really hope I have something to freeze, but the next step is for the ET to go well, so I just put all my energy there and worry about that step later. No sense in worrying about a milestone if I never get there, right?

I do sign my books from time-to-time - Ack, that was long!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I do the same thing 4legs.  Not quite in list form, but I try to just focus on the next task.  My problem is that I always think 5 steps ahead...that's just the way I am.  Today I was thinking and worrying about the progesterone injections.  Seriously....this isn't a concern until the end of May!
  • Options

imagedelino:
    I do the same thing 4legs.  Not quite in list form, but I try to just focus on the next task.  My problem is that I always think 5 steps ahead...that's just the way I am.  Today I was thinking and worrying about the progesterone injections.  Seriously....this isn't a concern until the end of May!

I make a list for everything, just my way of dealing with stuff Stick out tongue The good news though if you are thinking that far ahead, you are in good spirits! And yuck on prog injs - I think that is probably the worst of the shots.

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    image4legsRbest:

imagedelino:

I make a list for everything, just my way of dealing with stuff Stick out tongue The good news though if you are thinking that far ahead, you are in good spirits! And yuck on prog injs - I think that is probably the worst of the shots.

That's why I was worrying about them!
  • Options
    kmc84kmc84 member
    I hope so! On the way to ET I was literally squealing with excitement. On the way home I was afraid about hitting a pothole, laughing,  sneezing, coughing, you name it! I was getting over a cold at the time and I had been coughing a lot and I was genuinely concerned about it!  When we left my nurse had to promise me that I wouldn't cough out my embies:-) 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    kaf7kaf7 member
    I feel this way multiple times each day. DH seems to just be on excitement side of things and that's not so helpful. Right now I am more panic than excited. Hopefully it flips again in the near future.
  • Options
    imagedelino:
    image4legsRbest:

imagedelino:

That's why I was worrying about them!

The start of IVF offers so much hope and promise! I can't wait to start again. It was the first time in a while i wasn't so depressed all the time. It's like you're finally in control of something!

I looked at the PIO needles when i got my pkg of meds dreading them but actually, i found them to be the easiest. The menopur hurt so much i would sometimes cry. After that, PIO was nothing. I heated my tush with a hot pad before hand and it was totally ok. 

Me: 34 - low ovarian reserve
    DH: 40 - no issues  

3 failed IUI's 

IVF #1 3/12 - 13 eggs, 9 fertilized,  2 transferred (1 grade 2 blast, 1 early blast), no frosties, 3/30/12 - 9dp5dt spotting, BFNs

IVF #2. 7/12 - 18 days of stims, 3 mature eggs, 3 fertilized (ICSI), 3 transferred (9, 8, 7 cell) on day 3.  First beta - 8/21/12 = 105, beta #2 - 8/23/12 = 268, beta #3 - 8/30/12 = 2,352. 2nd u/s - 9/4/12. Baby Boy born 5/1/2013.

IVF #3 Now (12/13). AMH is very low - 0.19. ER (12/5) 12 eggs, 10 mature, 7 fertilized using ICSI. 3 transferred (8,8,8 cell - all grade 2) on day 3. First beta - 12/21/13 = 126, beta #2 - 12/23/13 = 400, beta #3 - na (office was closed for new year's). First sonogram - TWINS aka OMG! -  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagedelino:

This exactly!  I used to call it planning ahead, but now with IF involved it has just turned into chronic worrying.  I can't decide if I'm scared, happy, excited, sad - ugh, or all of it at once.  I am trying more visualizing techniques to live in the moment, or at least the day.  Not sure if it will work, but I'll try anything.  I'm doing my 2nd IVF in May, would love someone to focus with!

~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • Options

Ahhh, yes. A day in the life of an IF gal. I know it well. Totally normal sweets.  I guess I try to take it a step at a time. And I find periodic perspective checks are helpful. When I'm down and freaking out about IF stuff, I try to think about all of the ways we're blessed. A daily gratitude journal is an easy way to try to stay grounded. 

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options
    image4legsRbest:

OMG - I can't even decide how I feel half the time! I was getting so overwhelmed when I was trying to order my meds, figure out my travel for work, etc. I made a list of the battles (steps) that needed to be won in order to conquer it (I talk about IF like it is a war). I like it because I have my whole long list in front of me but I can tell myself to JUST focus on the next one when getting anxious. My eyes do wonder, taking it all in, but it has been helpful to be able to focus all my energy on one thing at a time. For example, I really, really hope I have something to freeze, but the next step is for the ET to go well, so I just put all my energy there and worry about that step later. No sense in worrying about a milestone if I never get there, right?

I do sign my books from time-to-time - Ack, that was long!

This is just like me!  Lists for everything.  I ad at least 5 alarms when I was stimming and now I have 3 for mt progesterone....it's overwhelming, like you delino, I'm 5 steps ahead and I "what if" my husband to death with my over active planning.  So that said, yes it's normal!  Good luck to you.  

• Options
    imageAmCheri:

Ahhh, yes. A day in the life of an IF gal. I know it well. Totally normal sweets.  I guess I try to take it a step at a time. And I find periodic perspective checks are helpful. When I'm down and freaking out about IF stuff, I try to think about all of the ways we're blessed. A daily gratitude journal is an easy way to try to stay grounded. 

I love the idea of a gratitude journal! Thank you!
  • Options
    imageWhales124:

imagedelino:

This exactly!  I used to call it planning ahead, but now with IF involved it has just turned into chronic worrying.  I can't decide if I'm scared, happy, excited, sad - ugh, or all of it at once.  I am trying more visualizing techniques to live in the moment, or at least the day.  Not sure if it will work, but I'll try anything.  I'm doing my 2nd IVF in May, would love someone to focus with!

Focus buddy you want, Focus Buddy you got! Call me whenever you need a refocusing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"