Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

wanted to punch a man in the face today

He was leaving walmart as I was walking in. He was carrying a toddler and had what looked like a 4 year old girl and a boy who was a little older maybe 10. The 4 year girl was being a little whiney saying she was hungry. He yelled at her said we just ate breakfast and you are already whining about lunch. Just SHUT UP, ok shut up. I almost attacked him. She looked so hurt and he yelled it at her.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wanted to punch a man in the face today

• Options
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you wanted to punch him because he told her to "shut up"? I've said that to my older DS numerous times. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

While it's not nice to say, "shut up", maybe she was really annoying him?

I know ther are times I want to say that to DD, espcially when she won't stop asking the same thing over and over.... today it was "I want berries.  I want berries.  I want berries."  Over and over and over while I was trying to rinse and serve them to her.

Finally I said, "Okay!  I heard you.  Please stop asking for berries."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsSR:

I know ther are times I want to say that to DD, espcially when she won't stop asking the same thing over and over.... today it was "I want berries.  I want berries.  I want berries."  Over and over and over while I was trying to rinse and serve them to her.

I think the difference is: you wanted to say it to your child, but didn't.

Unfortunately, this guy didn't have as much self-control.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member
    imageBeerBeck:
    imageMrsSR:

I think the difference is: you wanted to say it to your child, but didn't.

Unfortunately, this guy didn't have as much self-control.

Yes, I understand that... but getting annoyed with your kid doesn't warrant a "punch to the face".

Some people think saying "Shut up" is no big deal.

• Options
    I'm guessing the way he said it played a bigger role in her wanting to punch him than him saying shut up. 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options

imagebuckeyebrat:
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you wanted to punch him because he told her to "shut up"? I've said that to my older DS numerous times. 

I think it was that he yelled shut up that bothered OP. It breaks my heart to see parents yelling rude comments at their kids but I don't know the situation to judge. I'm definitely not perfect. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagehannahbagels:

imagebuckeyebrat:

I think it was that he yelled shut up that bothered OP. It breaks my heart to see parents yelling rude comments at their kids but I don't know the situation to judge. I'm definitely not perfect. 

Ditto this...when I see people treat their kids like crap in public, I wonder what they do in private.

• Options
    imageSpin313:
    imagehannahbagels:

imagebuckeyebrat:

Ditto this...when I see people treat their kids like crap in public, I wonder what they do in private.

Agreed. 

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hopefully he doesn't always talk to her that way :( Maybe it was a stressful day for him. Who knows.

Once at Wal Mart, I was walking to the store and walked past a lady loading her kids into the car. She was yelling like crazy to one of them while she was buckling her in her seat. I can't recall what she yelled, but the lady was pissed and slamming doors.. I was a little shocked.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"