Multiples
Options

Anyone have or planning on having a tummy tuck?

I have a consult scheduled for this coming week.  I have a ton of mixed emotions about this.  I feel guilty for putting myself first and putting myself in a position of not being able to pick up my babies or "carry my weight" around the house.  I am scared about the level of pain and recovery involved in this type of invasive procedure.  Most of all though, I am so excited because I have been wanting to do this for such a long time.

Have you had one?  Are you thinking about having one?  I would be up to here any input you have on your experience or someone you know that has had one. 

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

Re: Anyone have or planning on having a tummy tuck?

• Options

I'd love one.  My little area of loose skin seems like it's sticking around no matter how low my BMI gets.  I was hoping it was a little fat pad, but it seems to be more skin than anything.  Can only see if when I'm naked...but that's enough to bother me.

Unfortunately, I'd have to be out of work for quite a bit and my patients / partner / bank account won't like that.

So we'll see.  Maybe some day.  My plastic surgery friends may try some other tricks first.  :)

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    I'm seriously considering it in a few years. I never thought I would, but since having the kids I've changed my mind about it. I don't want to do it though until we're 100% sure we're done having kids.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm planning on it. i actually have a savings account open, and i'm stashing some here and there. it won't be for a few more years... i'm hoping i can get away with a mini tuck, as the problem is only below my belly button, but who knows what i may look like when this is all said and done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We plan to try for one more baby this December. We only have one shot at it. If it doesn't work I will be doing a TT with our next tax refund, if it does work the TT will be another couple of years out.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

imageTripMomma:
    We plan to try for one more baby this December. We only have one shot at it. If it doesn't work I will be doing a TT with our next tax refund, if it does work the TT will be another couple of years out.

OMG! Just had to tell you your easter pic is adorable!! Much cuter the the big creepy easter bunny.

• Options
    imageCourtneySue:

imageTripMomma:

OMG! Just had to tell you your easter pic is adorable!! Much cuter the the big creepy easter bunny.

Thanks so much ;)

I love your siggy too, it reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest!

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

I'm probably going to get one down the road.  I am currently working hard to lose weight and get to a healthy BMI.  I have a terrible "fanny pack" of pudge below my belly button that just hangs the more I lose weight.  Ugh, it just sucks.  I will be waiting until my girls are a bit older, probably once we are done paying for daycare so we can afford it.  I know I will not be happy with how I look once losing all the weight.  But, I guess I'll just wait until I reach my goal and maintain for awhile before really looking into it!

Good luck!!  Look forward to hearing about your consult! 

• Options
    I still have some time to finish losing the baby weight, but hubby gave me the okay to get one if I need a little help.  I would get it when my LOs are 3 or 4.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

As soon as number 3 can walk, I'm going in. I cannot wait. CANNOT. 

Good luck, keep me posted on your experience and recovery. And congratulations, you DESERVE to put you first this time mama! 

• Options

Good for you!   

Definitely.  I'd like to have one more baby, then lose the extra weight and go for it.  My belly never really went away completely.  It deflated and flopped over.  I can't wait to get rid of it.  I'm extremely self conscious and am so tired of having to wear things under my clothes to try and conceal it.   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would aboslutely LOVE one.  If I ever get one it won't be for quite a few years.  I assume the whole thing (boob job included) wil be around $15k and we won't go into debt for it, and have to have the debt we currently have gone.
  • Options
    Yup. Had TT + lipo to my hips + umbilical hernia repair in August '11 when my guys were 10 months. Recovery wasn't as horrible as I thought. I had help for 2 weeks then was on my own after that. I took my narcs for less than a week post-op and was fine with just Advil. I don't regret a second of it.
  • Options
    I definitely want one, just not right now. I know that our family isn't complete, so it doesn't make sense to get one until I'm done having kids seeing as it's so expensive. Plus, I'd like to get down to a healthy weight and maintain it before I do something so drastic and expensive. It's in the cards, just not for a few years.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm thinking of looking into the less invasive options.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

Not to put a damper on things, but...

A good friend of mine had a tummy tuck when her twins were 4 years old. Everything was fine until she developed a blood clot, which traveled to her lungs. She died of a pulmonary embolism while laying in her 7 year old son's arm, waiting for the ambulance to show up.

I know this is rare, and of course this can happen with any surgery. But a tummy tuck is a surgery that you choose to do, and I can't help but think if she had the choice to do it over, she wouldn't go through with it. She was such a devoted mother.

Sorry to be a downer. Her death just hit me really hard and since then, I find it hard to think about any elective surgeries (although I would love to have boobs!). I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I just always feel the need to share her story. If you do decide to do it, don't take the possible complications lightly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had one.  If you're interested in details, just send me a note.  Had one a year after my twins were born.
  • Options
    imagenikinikinine:

As soon as number 3 can walk, I'm going in. I cannot wait. CANNOT. 

Good luck, keep me posted on your experience and recovery. And congratulations, you DESERVE to put you first this time mama! 

Thanks for your support.  I am really, really excited.  I have worked my a$$ of and just cannot get rid of this skin.  I will keep you posted for sure.

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options
    imageFancy3Face:

Good for you!   

Definitely.  I'd like to have one more baby, then lose the extra weight and go for it.  My belly never really went away completely.  It deflated and flopped over.  I can't wait to get rid of it.  I'm extremely self conscious and am so tired of having to wear things under my clothes to try and conceal it.   

Same here.  I just want to feel like myself again.  Thanks for your support!

• Options
    imageGeauxTigers82:

Not to put a damper on things, but...

A good friend of mine had a tummy tuck when her twins were 4 years old. Everything was fine until she developed a blood clot, which traveled to her lungs. She died of a pulmonary embolism while laying in her 7 year old son's arm, waiting for the ambulance to show up.

I know this is rare, and of course this can happen with any surgery. But a tummy tuck is a surgery that you choose to do, and I can't help but think if she had the choice to do it over, she wouldn't go through with it. She was such a devoted mother.

Sorry to be a downer. Her death just hit me really hard and since then, I find it hard to think about any elective surgeries (although I would love to have boobs!). I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I just always feel the need to share her story. If you do decide to do it, don't take the possible complications lightly.

First off, I am terribly sorry for your loss.  I cannot imagine losing a close friend so suddenly.  Second, thank you for your input.  I wasn't just asking for sunshine and rainbows.  I appreciate the honesty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"