TTC After a Loss
Options

Would anyone mind if I changed the subject...

And told you all how much I love my late grandpa? I will be inheriting some of his furniture this week. He ordered brand new furniture that got delivered on the day of his stroke, which took his life 10 days later. He wanted his possessions divided up between his children and grandchildren, which means DH and I are getting a brand new recliner, reclining love seat, and patio furniture. These items he chose so carefully will definitely be loved by us, and hopefully by our children. I can't help but think that this is just another sign that maybe DH and I will be purchasing our first home in the near future as well? Who knows, but I definitely feel like I am being watched over from heaven today. I'm sure he's taking excellent care of my angel baby. I wish I could thank him, but I guess I can do that by enjoying his furniture, and loving my life. After all, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him.

I know this is an AW post, but I hope you all don't mind. I thought it might be nice for us to think about something other than ute's today as well.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would anyone mind if I changed the subject...

• Options
    That's very sweet. Your grandfather knows how grateful you are. Good luck finding a house to make your home.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagect103:

I know this is an AW post, but I hope you all don't mind. I thought it might be nice for us to think about something other than ute's today as well.  

For sure. :)  So glad you have something for you to remember your grandfather by.  And good luck to you with the house hunt -- it took us a solid year or so, but it was so worth it in the end! :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is great that you will be able to enjoy something he personally picked out.  I am sure he is taking great care of your angel baby.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    ct103ct103 member
    Thanks ladies. I appreciate the opportunity to talk about him on this board. I deleted my FB account to hide from all the pg's, but I still wanted to make a public announcement about how much I love him. Thanks for listening. 
  • Options
    That is so lovely, and I am sure your grandpa would be honored.  I hope you enjoy the furniture and the memories it will always carry.

• Options

imageHopingforChange:
    That is so lovely, and I am sure your grandpa would be honored.  I hope you enjoy the furniture and the memories it will always carry.

This exactly!  And I know others may differ but I don't ever mind posts that are NTTCR.  This is a community and I enjoy getting to know everyone - not only related to TTC, so share away, IMHO. :-)

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your feelings about your grandpa. I'm sure he's looking down on you and seeing how much you are enjoying the furniture. And GL house hunting! We decided to buy a house and then bought one all within one week so it can go by quickly and take you by surprise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Some of my favorite possessions are those that came from loved famiy members.  That is so special that you will have some of your grandfathers furniture.  I hope it turns your house into a home.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"