Multiples
Options

CIO when LOs share a room?

I know this has been asked many times but I went back a few pages and didn't see any posts about it.  So my DDs will be 8 months old in just a few days and I am STILL BFing/rocking them to sleep.  I thought it was exhausting when I did this with just ONE baby for the first SIX months!  I'm so ready for this to stop.  Fiona consistently STTN and I'd say Anna does about 5 out of 7 days of the week.  When she wakes up, it's usually begtween midnight and 2 a.m. and she's never hungry, just wants to snuggle and go back to sleep.  My biggest concern is that they share a room and do wake each other up in the mornings, at the end of nap time and if one of them (usually Anna) wakes up during the night, she almost always wakes up the other.  Is CIO gonna work with these two??  Also, they are both crawling!  DD1 was only 6.5 months old when we let her CIO and she was only rolling all around.  Anyone let their crawling LOs CIO?  Any adivce would be great!  TIA!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: CIO when LOs share a room?

• Options

This may not be what you're looking for, but we had the same problem and we ended up splitting them up into separate rooms.  We tried sleep training when they were five months, and at that point we put DD in our room in a PNP (she slept well) and left DS in the nursery.  After three weeks we put them back together and they were okay for a while, but a month ago we decided to move our home office and put them in different bedrooms.  It has been AWESOME!  Much better sleep for everyone and DS isn't waking DD all the time.  

The biggest thing for us is that now we can let DS fuss/cry a bit and put himself back down.  When they were in the same room, we'd rush in so he wouldn't wake DD and he learned that we would come in and rock him. 

I'm still holding out hope that we can put them back together for a bit at some point, but we won't if it means they won't sleep.  They are so much happier now that they're both well-rested. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
    TTC #1 Since July 2009 slightly low progesterone, endo, kinked right tube, Clomid, Lap and Hysteroscopy, and 13 months TTC = BFP! (7/23/10) Cautiously Expecting... 8/19/10 - it's TWINS!... 11/8/10 - Boy/Girl twins! Born 37w4d
  • Options
    We did CIO with them sharing a room.  They did wake each other up in the morning and near the end of naps like your LOs.  I think our boys were 8 months old, 5.5 months adjusted when we did CIO because I was rocking them to sleep still.  It worked really well for us even with them in the same room.  The first night they cried 45 min. to get themselves to sleep, but after that it was much shorter and they've been really good sleepers since (they were STTN at that point too).  I think you should just try it... give it a week with them in the same room and then re-evaluate if it's not working.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's worth a try to see how it goes. I know Weissbluth recommends separating twins for CIO if you have to and then putting them back in the same room once they're both STTN. I would probably try it in the same room first; often twins will learn to sleep through each other's cries for the most part.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

We had to do CIO with one of my girls when she was addicted to her soother. We moved the other one out for a few days. She slept in a pack n play in our room. It only took 2 nights (although we waited for 4 to move her back in). Temporarily separating them worked really well for us. 

We are currently dealing with some sleep regression with Teagan. We have let her CIO, although if she hits the 45 minute mark, she usually wakes Quinn up. I find that overnight, it takes a lot of crying to wake the other up. After a few nights, I've realized that CIO is not the best method for dealing with Teagan's night waking right now though. 

They have been napping in separate rooms for several months now. I was finding that they were waking each other up.

Mine are crawling a ton but I find that they usually don't move around too much when they're crying (usually just rolling from stomach to back).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We did CIO with them both in the same room. It was kind of a mess, but since we needed them to share a room, we needed them to get used to it. Even now, sometimes they wake each other up and sometimes they don't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"