Cloth Diapering

inserts advice

I just started by stash and have a few questions about what to use for added absorbency. For the Fuzzibums NBs, what do you use in place of the microfiber insert? I ordered some Hemp Babies inserts, but I think that they look too big. Maybe they will shrink when I wash them? Also, did you add anything to your BG NBs or elementals? It seems like the NB ones will not be absorbent enough, but I have no idea, since I am a FTM. Thanks!

Re: inserts advice

• I have never CDd a nb but had 2 newborns and you change so often that I think personally I will be ok with the absorbancy of the FB and BG xs diapers. I have some of both and yes the BGs look like they wont absorb much but my babies grow fast so I will most likely not need them longer than 3-4 wks. The MF insert with the FBs looks fine to me for the first month. Sometimes you change, feed and change a diaper in an hour. I think you shouldnt invest in too much, just some extra nb PFs just in case. 

hth 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started using our BG's when DD was 6 weeks old. We used just the newborn insert for about 3 months before we had to start using the one size insert. It was enough.

I didn't use the newborn elementals, but with a newborn you are changing them so often (at least every 2 hours at the start) that you don't have to worry about a diaper absorbing a ton.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • NB pretty much never stop pooping, so you don't have to worry about how much diapers absorb. You are basically changing them every 2 hours at least. I think our record was 6 changes in an hour. Thank goodness we used cloth!
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"