2nd Trimester
Options

Headache relief?

Anyone have any good tips for headache relief?  I don't know if I am not getting enough of a certain vitamin or what.  I take tylenol when I feel one coming on, but just wondering if any other methods have worked for anyone.
imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Headache relief?

• Options

It doesn't ALWAYS work, but the frequency and severity of mine have gone down since I started drinking 8 oz of caffeinated soda each morning.  The doctor suggested it and I will say, I've had FAR fewer severe headaches and after a stretch of 21 straight days of having some sort of headache, I now only get about 4 days/week and they're rather minimal.  I also take tylenol if they get too bad.

As for something I haven't tried - I have heard that a serving of almonds daily can decrease headaches. 

Good luck!  My doc promised relief around 20 weeks, so I'm hoping I'm on the downswing of things! 

image Anniversary
  • Options
    My first instinct is to have a little caffeine. I don't drink much so I don't worry about an extra cup here or there.  I also try to hydrate.  Last resort is some tylonol.  Luckily, my headaches aren't too bad so this seems to do the trick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For awhile I was drinking a Coke a day and that pushed them off. That and drinking tons of water. But my OB also prescribed some Tylenol with Codeine for when they get really bad.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks! ill try it
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor suggested drinking a caffeinated soda (coke, etc) while taking some tylenol if tylenol alone wasn't working.  It seems to help when I get mild to moderate migraines.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"