Stay at Home Moms
Options

Where would you go?

For some reason, we CANNOT decide where to go on vacation this year (which is a very nice problem to have, please don't misunderstand me).  Where would you go? We have narrowed it to San Diego, Gulf Shores, or Seaside, Fl.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10

Re: Where would you go?

• Options
    I vote San Diego.  The weather is perfect and there is a lot to do/see.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

imageMAprincess:
    I vote San Diego.  The weather is perfect and there is a lot to do/see.

That is what I was thinking.  I have never  been there, but my best friend's parents lived there for four years and the pictures they took make me want to live there. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    San Diego!
  • Options
    I vote fl. I have only passed through San Diego, but the vibe I got was more that of a college town...never heard of gulf shores so can't Weigh in on that one. Happy planning!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I should add that my brother lives there so we visited with the kiddos and there was a ton to do with them.  There are plenty of "adult" things to do also- we are thinking of doing a long weekend without the kids sometime to get those things in.  The kids faves were the beach, zoo, and Legoland.  There is also an art museum somewhere that DH and I want to hit sometime.  And there is a huge farmers market everywhere you turn.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    San Diego, definitely
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    Silly question about San diego - I have only been there once and that was in June 18 years ago.  If we go in September, will we be able to get in the ocean? Or will it be too cold?? (The water temp I mean)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    I would love to go to San Diego. Our next vacation will probably be to a beach here in Texas. DH loves the beach and I am looking forward to taking DD to the beach for the first time..
    Ella 8.6.11
    Carson 3.28.13
  • Options
    Seaside! We go every year for two weeks in July...and we also go during the Fall if we can. Perfect place for kids, imo.
  • Options

imagetrizzie:
    Silly question about San diego - I have only been there once and that was in June 18 years ago.  If we go in September, will we be able to get in the ocean? Or will it be too cold?? (The water temp I mean)

If you are going in September, I still vote Seaside...it's amazing down there in the fall. On Fridays, they show outdoor movies in the grassy area in the center of town. You can watch the sunset from the bar on top of Bud and Alley's {kids are welcome!}, the pools are great as well. You need to go to Red Bar {again, kids welcome during the day}, they have great food. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"