Baby Names
Options

if i have a girl she'll be nameless!

I have read through every baby name list I could come across and, God help me, I can't find ONE name I like. We have our names set if it's a boy, and we have a middle name for a girl (that I'm not terribly fond of..) but I don't like ANY girls names.

Our girl name WAS going to be Hannah, but my mother told me her cousin's adopted little (spoiled brat princess) girl's name was Hannah; so that's a big NO for me now which is really disappointing because I LOVED Hannah. But I refuse to name my child the same thing as that little girl because she is already a little witch at 4.

So now I'm stuck. Can't find a single girl's name I like, especially not one to match the name we have picked out for her middle name (Sophia). My boyfriend, the father, refuses and "a" ending name because of the "a" ending in Sophia. (My second choice was Presea.) 

Help! 

Re: if i have a girl she'll be nameless!

• Options

I'm confused--how do you know enough about your mom's cousin's daughter to know that she's a 'spoiled little witch', but not enough to know her name prior to your mother telling you?

I find nameberry to be a good resource for inspiration. Click on their list tab, or the blog tab. They have a lot of great idea and they're grouped together, so once you find a style you like, you can find all sorts of names that fit it. 

• Options
    why not use sophia as the first name?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you are finding out the sex, maybe you should wait to freak out. Maybe you are having a boy and you don't need a girl's name after all. Then no worries!

I can't find Presea on any name lists. Can you tell me the origin and how you would pronounce it? Care to share your boy's name? Maybe we can help find a girl name for you.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Isabelle Sophia
    Grace Sophia
    Abigail Sophia
    Josephine Sophia
    Emily Sophia
    Madeline/Madeleine Sophia
    Molly/Margaret Sophia
    Rachel Sophia
    Annalise Sophia
    Claire Sophia
    Harper Sophia
    Rose Sophia
    Anne Sophia
    Katherine Sophia
    Hazel Sophia
    Evelyn Sophia
    Naomi Sophia

• Options
    km3km3 member

We're in the opposite boat as you - we can't find a boy name that we're set on but have a lot of girl names -

Maggie and Lily are high on our girl list.  HTH.

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

So your boyfriend doesn't want a name that ends in 'a', but he was okay with Hannah? Because Hannah and Sophia both end the same way.../confused.

Anyway, I have no idea what style of names you like and I've never heard of Presea before, but some names I like that don't end in 'a':

Natalie

Annabel

Caroline  

Colleen

Audrey

Cecily

Eleanor

Ruby

Brooke

Paige

Juliet 

Camille 

Alice

Ivy

Violet

Abigail

Emily

Penelope

Daphne 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    If you love Hannah, use it. 

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options
    imageHannahO28:

I'm confused--how do you know enough about your mom's cousin's daughter to know that she's a 'spoiled little witch', but not enough to know her name prior to your mother telling you?

I find nameberry to be a good resource for inspiration. Click on their list tab, or the blog tab. They have a lot of great idea and they're grouped together, so once you find a style you like, you can find all sorts of names that fit it. 

This. If you didn't know her name before your mom told you, surely the association in your mind can't be that strong? There are many Hannah's in the world, most of them lovely. It's not an uncommon name!

• Options

I'm surprised your mom's cousin's daughter, that you didn't know the name of before hand, isn't named La-a.....

Meh, I'm really sleepy and snarky right now.  I think you can totally use Hannah if you want.

I think there are lots of names that sound great with Sophia.  I agree ending with an "a" sounds to rhymey but that's not too terrible.  I'm going to assume that Sophia was set in stone after Hannah got crossed off and then your BF came up with this rule?

Try nymbler.com, you can plug in names that you do like and find inspiration.

I've never heard of Presea, have no clue how to say it and am pretty happy your BF has a no ending with "a" rule if it means you can't use this name. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you like Hannah so much, how 'bout Anna?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Once you find a name you like (like Hannah) don't tell anyone until the baby is born!  Everyone knows someone who is stuck up, rude, spoiled, a criminal, etc.  You will never find a name that everyone likes.  Find one that you like.  After the baby is born, nobody is going to tell you they hate the name. :)  And if they do at first, it will grow on them.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Calm down, you'll find a name! No one knows someone who is nameless so it'll all be ok in the end. Use Hannah if you love it - who care's someone so unrelated to you and not a part of your life has the name. No worries.

What is your boy choice to help me make suggestions?

• Options
    We are team green, but if we have a girl, her name will be Everly James. (James is my father's name) 
  • Options

imagestamps262:
    We are team green, but if we have a girl, her name will be Everly James. (James is my father's name) 

You meant to say BOY right?  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    imagestrawberrytree:

So your boyfriend doesn't want a name that ends in 'a', but he was okay with Hannah? Because Hannah and Sophia both end the same way.../confused

LOL Right? Doesn't make much sense, does it. He really liked the name Hannah, so I guess that's why he was okay with it. It has enough other sounds in it to not make it sound "A" cluttered, that's how I feel.

imageHannahO28:

We don't go around that part of the family for a very good reason. I didn't know her name is Hannah BECAUSE we don't go around that family and because they'd be my second cousins (their children - my thirds), I didn't much care to learn her name. But much of my family does go around them, and her, and find her quite unappealing.

And for anyone asking, Presea is said "Preh-say-uh" 

• Options

If you don't go around them, then the two girls are very unlikely to be at the same gathering so it won't be confusing, for family members.  It's common enough that they can't really say that you were copying them.

I think you would be fine using Hannah.  If nothing else it will balance their association with the name, Hannah, and take it from spoiled brat to neutral, if not actually tip the scales to sweet adorable little girl. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"