Attachment Parenting
Options

getting pregnant

so i know that while breastfeeding your fertility is low.  we bedshare, babywear, nurse 4-5times during the day and honestly i don't know how often he nurses at nite. LO is 10months+ and i really would like to get pregnant soon. i have been tracking my periods and they have changed slightly so that doesn't help.

My question is how long did it take you to get pregnant while bf'ing? just not sure if we are going to have to discontinue bedsharing to wean at night for it to happen...i'm not ready for LO to leave us yet....or wean. sniff sniff

Re: getting pregnant

• Options

We got pregnant when LO was around 14 months (the first month trying). I'd had regular periods since LO was 10months, so I assume we could have gotten pregnant sooner we just didn't try.

I was working full-time and she was well onto solids. But we BF morning, late afternoon/evening and at least once during the night. But sometimes more if she wanted/needed to. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    My mom got pregnant, not once, but TWICE, while BFing a three month old.  My brother and I are a year and two weeks apart and my sisters are a year and nine days apart.  She's one of those fertile people.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got pregnant while DS was 19 months, but he really didn't slow down nursing from about 9 months until I started losing supply due to pregnancy. We would nurse a few times a night and several times during the day at that point. 

My periods were erratic (as always) and I never slept long enough stretches to do my temp successfully. I bought cheap ovulation stick off of Amazon and the first month I did daily sticks I got pregnant!

Lots of luck!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I nursed DD until 24 months exactly and only stopped bc I was 16w pregnant and it was causing a lot of problems. 

My period didn't return until 19 months and we had to have it chemically induced. I got pg the first month thankfully. 

You said your DD is 10 months and you are getting your period, have you been ovulating regularly? 

• Options
    I got pg while nursing my son. I got my first pp period when he was 13 months old (and still nursing a ton) and got pregnant when he was 18 months old. We were actively trying that whole time but it takes us a while to get pregnant- DS took us 14 cycles. I temped to make sure I was ovulating, which was helpful and not as hard with a bed sharing toddler as I thought it would be. Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DS was 23 months when we conceived and still nursing about 4-6 times a day along with eating regular meals.  We weren't even trying to get pregnant, but both DH and myself knew exactly when it happened. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got pregnant when DD was 15mos.  AF returned when she was 7mos old and still pretty much EBF.  I immediately started charting as BC.  My first few cycles were annovulatory.  Once I started ovulating it was late and I had a super short LP.  Eventually I settled into a pattern with a 9 day LP.  We were considering TTC and got a little careless.  I also ovulated a week early the cycle I conceived.  She's still nursing at least 6 times in a 24hr period although she's finally getting into solids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options
    I didn't get a period until DD1 was 16mo, which was a bummer only because we had decided to try again at 12 mo.  First 2 cycles were anovulatory then got pregnant and miscarried, got pregnant next ovulation and miscarried again.  Ironically enough my LMP w/ DD2 was DD1's 2nd b-day and the week she never asked to nurse again.  I had been looking forward to tandem nursing so I was not willing to wean to get pregnant.  I think it was a coincidence that I had a viable pregnancy only after weaning.   Just remember that everyone is different.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"