Single Parents

Contempt Hearing

We have our contempt hearing in 2 weeks. EX said he will not be able to afford a flight to be there because he is too poor "giving me money for the embellishment of my lifestyle". What happens if he doesn't show up but sends his lawyer.. Which I expect him to do. Is that allowed?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Contempt Hearing

• I'm not sure how it works with contempt hearings.  When XH had a lawyer he mostly was there on behalf of XH. 

Giving YOU money?  I love it.  It's not for his child.  It's for you.  Got it.

• As long as his lawyer is there for him.  In WA if you don't show or have representation then you get a bench warrant.  Not that it matters because if you run away it just expires in a year.  Whatevs.  Not that it happened in my case and I'm bitter or anything :P
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto what everyone else said.

LMAO at the dig. My ex tried to pull that one a few times back in the day. "If I didn't have to pay CS, would have more money to see DD." Uh-huh. What about the 6 years you didn't pay at all, hmmmm?  

• This is going to be great. Now he told me he is quitting his well paying job to move back to GA (without a job) and find a job in construction. WTF is wrong with this guy. He is hoping to pay less CS. I am actually looking forward to this contempt hearing in 10 days. The judge will see RIGHT thru him! 
  • imageachase123:

I'm not sure how it works with contempt hearings.  When XH had a lawyer he mostly was there on behalf of XH

Giving YOU money?  I love it.  It's not for his child.  It's for you.  Got it.

This is true, if he  no shows but his lawyer does,  it's one in the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"