January 2012 Moms

Naps-how long and many?

How many and how long of naps does your LO take a day? And if they are set times-when?

R takes one 2-3.5 hour nap around 10:30. He might fall asleep while eating or walking but they are short and not consistent. Just curious if other babies are sleeping more or if he just does one big nap. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Naps-how long and many?

• imageAndieD6709:

This is kind of what I was trying to get answers for in my post below. But it seems like there aren't many who are following a schedule.

So, I'm going about it blindly but I'm going to try to get the girls on a three nap a day schedule. For now we're doing

1 @ 9.30 -10ish

1 @ 1.00-1.30

1 @ 4-4.30ish

We're pretty close to this (but not solid enough that I felt comfortable responding to you, Andie!!). One in the morning. One around lunch. One in the early evening. They usually last a bit longer than 30 mins though- usually more like 1.5 hours. 

DD 1.18.2012
  • My LO (almost 3 months old!) hates napping and fights it with ever fiber of her being. We try too get her to nap once after her morning feeding, once more after mid-day and again once in the evening. She has been going to bed at night by 9pm and sleeping 8-10hrs for about a month now. But the naps - impossible! Usually she just falls asleep while we`re on a walk or in the car but she wakes up as soon as we stop moving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are pretty consistant at 3 maybe 4 naps a day.  She usually wakes up at about 8 ot 8:30, naps from 9:30 or 10 to 11:30 or 12, naps from 1 or 1:30 to about 3:30 or 4 (maybe later if she's really tired) and then naps again from about 5:30 to 6:30 or 7.  She sometimes takes a cat nap at about 8:30 or so for 15 or 20 minutes, but that's not a given.  She'll sleep from 9:30 or 10 to 5ish or longer depending on how she feels I guess!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• DD is definitely a sleepy baby.

Wakes around 6, naps from 7 to 9ish.

Takes another hour long nap before noon, time varies though, but usually from 11-12.

Goes down around 2 and naps at least two hours, sometimes as long as three.

Cat naps for 15-30 minutes before going down between 8-9. 

ETA original question: I BF on demand, so times vary a little bit each day based on when she eats, but her wakeup time is very consistent as is the long afternoon nap. We follow her cues for the other naps.

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"