Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Miracle Blanket - probably a really dumb question, but...

I'm debating whether to buy one of these to try to get DS to sleep in his crib.  We stopped swaddling him more than a month ago, because he was constantly breaking out of the swaddle.  Unfortunately anytime we try to get him to sleep in his crib or PNP he flails his arms/legs and wakes himself up as soon as we put him down.  Right now the only places he will sleep are his Snugabunny swing, the carseat (during car rides only), or in our arms.

Anyone else feel like their LO didn't like being swaddled but they took to the Miracle Blanket?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Miracle Blanket - probably a really dumb question, but...

• Options
    The Miracle Blanket is a swaddle. If your LO doesn't like being swaddled then the MB probably isn't going to make a difference. 

• Options
    We have the Miracle Blanket and for us it really is a miracle! She definitely sleeps longer in it, and like you mentioned, does not hit herself in the face. The Miracle Blanket keeps her from getting her arms out at all. She doesn't necessarily like being put into it, but once in she's happy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO can break out of all swaddles. He even broke out of the nurses swAddles in the hospital and he breaks out of the swaddle me blankets as well. He does not sleep unless he is swaddled so this always caused him to wake up. We have had so much success with a woombie. You can find them on amazon.com If you are not familiar with them. The woombie works wonders for us!  

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DD1 fought the swaddle hard but she slept way better and the miracle blanket was the only thing she could't break out of. it was the best 30 bucks I've ever spent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Miracle Blanket and it works great for keeping her arms swaddled. One thing we've found, however, is that our DD will kind of walk up and out of the little sack part that you tuck the legs into. I'll watch her feet pushing outward through the fabric higher with each step/push, and pretty soon her legs are totally out. Since there's no way to totally secure the sack part to the upper arm swaddle part, I haven't found a way to guarantee her legs will stay in. Just something to consider if your LO is a leg kicker.
  • Options
    The Miracle Blanket is horrible. I returned mine.  She got out of it with both arms very fast and we had it wrapped tightly.  We use the Halo Swaddle sleep sack and swaddle very very tightly and that works really well.  It's the only swaddler I like and we've tried several different brands.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"