August 2011 Moms
Options

8 month napping schedules?

Tell me about your LOs nap schedule! 

Today,  Scott had an hour nap between 11:30 and 12:30...which as weirdly late because he woke up at 8:15ish.  He seems to be staying awake longer and longer these days.

He went down for an afternoon nap @ 3:45....also very late.

I'm contemplating regimenting a nap schedule. It seems as though my big boy has entered the "i'm too busy to nap and want to play" stage....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 8 month napping schedules?

• Options

I was just wondering about this, too.

Isaac didn't seem tired enough for his 9A nap today, but I rocked him and he passed out 10 minutes later. But, he seemed exhausted for his 12p nap today, so I don't know. I agree, though...it seems like he could handle being up later, but I'm afraid to mess with the schedule he has in place right now.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Am taking two seconds out or this ridiculous day to read respond to a few things. Lucky you Lob, lol. 

So G is doing two naps a day now. First one at 10/1030ish for at least an hour sometime 1.5. Then he's down again @ 3ish or today 330 bc I had a memorial service to attend. His afternoon nap is a crapshoot on how long. It can be 30 or 2 hrs. He only sleeps 2hrs if the stars are aligned just right and he is gas-free and it is overcast so his room is super dark. Ha!  

Now that we have a "set" time like this it helps us avoid cranky issues. We used to put him down after being awake two hrs but it began to be a battle getting him to sleep that much during the day so instead of forcing it, we just experimented and it worked.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS is transitioning from 3 to 2 naps, but this is where are schedule is ending up lately...

8:15 Wake up

10:15-11:45 Nap

2:45-4 Nap

8:00 Bed 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Meadow seems to think that she doesn't need a morning nap at all this week. She just turned 7 months Wednesday and is fighting the AM nap like crazy.  Lately she has been waking up at 8, nap close to 1:00, bed at 7:30 but I do not like this and know she needs that AM nap.  Today she took one but it was an all out kicking and screaming fight.
  • Options

DD is still taking 3 naps a day.  Occasionally, she will take only 2 if she happens to wake up later, or if we're out and about.  

She usually shows signs of being tired about 2 hours after she wakes (from the night or from the last nap.)  I'm learning that she can last a little longer, maybe 2 1/2-3 hours, but that's rare.  She never gives me a hard time going down, so I know it's working for us.  We don't have set nap times because it depends on when she wakes up in the morning.  (It could be anywhere from 6:30-8:30.)  Like I said above, the key for us is putting her down about 2 hours after she woke last.

• Options
    imageEmSue412:

DD is still taking 3 naps a day.  Occasionally, she will take only 2 if she happens to wake up later, or if we're out and about.  

She usually shows signs of being tired about 2 hours after she wakes (from the night or from the last nap.)  I'm learning that she can last a little longer, maybe 2 1/2-3 hours, but that's rare.  She never gives me a hard time going down, so I know it's working for us.  We don't have set nap times because it depends on when she wakes up in the morning.  (It could be anywhere from 6:30-8:30.)  Like I said above, the key for us is putting her down about 2 hours after she woke last.

All of this.  If we're out doing something, she can make it up to 4 hrs, but she's not happy about it.  She eats on the same schedule that she sleeps, about every 2 hrs during th day. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

::coming out of lurking::

My son has recently dropped his third nap and is starting to stay up longer. Especially after his afternoon nap until bedtime. This is what his schedule usually looks like:

7:30 wake up

9:30-11 nap

2-3:30 nap

7:30 bedtime 

HTH! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options

oh man! Max is still kind of all over the place! He usually naps once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I guess it is roughly

up at 6:30

nap at 9:30 or 10 for a 30-60 minutes

nap at 1 or 2 for 45 - 75 minutes

bed at 6:30

wake up

wake up

wake up

wake up

etc.

Obviously I'm not much help in the sleep dept!  

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I'm lucky if my baby sleeps 8 hours in an entire 24 hour period.

Usually a 20-30 minute nap about 2-2.5 hours after she wakes up and maybe another 20-30 minute nap around 1 or 2 pm. Then she 's down by 7:30 and up at least every hour for at least 30 minutes at a time. She's utterly exhausted (bags and dark circles under her eyes) but she wont sleep, not in the stroller, not in the car, not in bed with us, not while being rocked, not in her crib. Been going on like this for weeks - he pedi says some babies don't like to sleep - I'm about ready to shoot myself or get fired due to the exhaustion. And CIO doesn't work, she'll cry for hours and hours and not fall asleep or she chokes on her saliva and stops breathing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"