3rd Trimester
Options

Bathroom issues with SD 9

Ok, so my SD is 9 and I've noticed lately that she won't use toilet paper to wipe.  I've gone over and over with her how important it is being a girl that she wipe, the proper way top wipe and I've told her about how she can get different infections.  I've even gone over puberty and periods and such with her. 

She still will NOT wipe!!!!  It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to get angry about it.  Any suggestions?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bathroom issues with SD 9

• Options
    How do you know this?  Are you in there with her?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dnhdnh member
    I have an 11yo sd, we have 50% custody so she is with us every other week for 7 days (friday to friday). We are currently experiencing the same issue, very frustrating. PM if you want to chat or vent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    can you try having her use one of those toddler wipes or something other than the toilet paper.  maybe the roughness of the TP is hurting her?
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Options
    I know she's not using TP, because she will have yellow in the toilet and no TP in there too! LOL (gross I know)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Urine is sterile.  Women all over the world don't wipe after they pee.  She'll be fine.  Just keep the dialogue open about appropriate bathroom behavior.  It's probably just a phase and she'll get over it.  (My niece AND my goddaughter went through this phase.  They both got over it)
  • Options

imageJmollo28:
    I know she's not using TP, because she will have yellow in the toilet and no TP in there too! LOL (gross I know)

She's not flushing either?  You need to start with that, and work on the wiping later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am having the same problem with my DD (also 9)! She also has a history of UTI so this is a very serious issue for her. We have talked to her about it, had her talk to a Dr about it and had her in for multiple tests to see what is causing this. I have gone over hygiene countless times and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. And I know she isn't wiping because I will go in the bathroom after her and the new roll is still "sealed". I'd be very interested to hear what advice other ladies have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket the right one will always make you feel like you are the most loved person in the world
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing with my ten year old. She has bathroom issues as well as shower issues. I explained everything to her like PP said but nothing is working. I'm looking forward to the advice other bumpies have also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know it's gross but when I was that age I know I went though that too, not sure why but when people stopped making a fuss about it I started wiping again. I think I was trying to get attention come to think of it it would have been right before mt brother was born. Maybe try having some extra one on one girl time and ignore the wiping and it'll go away. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"