Multiples
Options

30 weeks, decreased movement...normal?

Hi there. I'm just wondering if any other people have had decreased movement around 30 weeks. I can still feel movement but it's definately not  as frequent or as powerful as it has been the last few weeks. I'm just a little worried. I know they are getting bigger and thinking that may have something to do with it. I'm sure it's getting tighter in there. I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance and to see what your experiences have been.  I do have an OB appt. on monday morning.

Thanks ladies. I've learned so much from you all...mostly lurking :) 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 30 weeks, decreased movement...normal?

• Options

I definitely have periods of good movement and then nothing for awhile. I think it's because they are having more defined sleep/awake cycles now.

I can usually get them to move by jiggling my belly, eating, position change, etc. If you can't get them to move with these techniques, I would call your doc.

Last night, they were especially quiet. I had an NST this morning though and both babies looked good.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Options

i noticed a decrease in movement right around the same time. you do want to be sure that you are still feeling each baby everyday -- i can't remember the exact kick counts but my MFM doc stressed the point that i NEEDED to feel them. if you have any concerns, it's better to be safe than sorry. i'd ask your OB for the guidelines for movement just so that you can monitor and have peace of mind.

i used to have to sit on the couch a few times a day and really concentrate and try to get each twin to move....it's not as easy when there's two in there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i was told to pick their busiest time of day and count ten kicks or movements in one hour....and that's it.  so if you feel one of them moving a lot just start counting...the best time to do it is when u are resting, sitting and eating something that gets them going:)  

some days will be busier than others in there!   

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"