Baby Names

Confirmed baby is girl.. urgh-- hard time with girl names

Dh and I have a son who is 2 years.  His name is Nicholas.

We find boys names super easy and would have used either Luke David or Matthew James for a boy.  

For a girl... we have been all over the place.  I love the name Alexandra, but our last name is a very long polish one with silent Js, so such a long name that also sounds kind of harsh, but be a little much with the last name.   Also-- as crazy as this sounds Nicholas and Alexandra sounds a little Russian Czar like to be on naming (maybe that is crazy).

So anyways-- here are some of the things we have been thinking.  Some we are concerned are a little too "weird" for our taste (we like more classic names) but were also turned off by just how popular some like Emma or Lily are, although we are still considering.

Which do you like the best of this (Long) list and any suggestions that I don't have on here that based on the others you think we might like?   We are very open to something not on here as we are not "loving" any of the names we have just yet.

Claire Elizabeth

Emma Alexandra

Julia Elizabeth

Adele Elizabeth

Katherine Claire

Paige Alexandra

Alexandra Blythe

Lily Elizabeth

Anna Elizabeth

Rachel Claire

Elizabeth Claire

Hailey Elizabeth

Quinn Elizabeth

Blythe Elizabeth

Re: Confirmed baby is girl.. urgh-- hard time with girl names

• I really like Rachel Claire, and Elizabeth Claire. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Anna Elizabeth best. I love the simplicity of Anna especially since your ln is long. 

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Loading the player...
  • Katherine Claire, Pagie Alexandra.

I have a suggestion tho as well. Did you ever think about maybe Faith Alexandra as a possiblity? It was one of our girl picks when we were narrowing down names for baby. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Adele, Anna and Julia. I like Lily, but prefer it as a nn for the long form Liliana. They're all lovely, though.

• I really like Katherine Claire and Anna Elizabeth. Although, if you have a long last name, maybe I short first name (Anna) would be good.
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What about Anna Claire? Simple, short, classic, beautiful. I think it would be a great complement to a longer more complicated last name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I like Paige, Anna, and Claire. I also really like Elizabeth and I think it is nice that there are a lot of different nn options with that one.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Claire Elizabeth
    Paige Alexandra
    Anna Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Claire

• Well, Julia was our top pick before we "lost it" to a family member. :) Love Julia Elizabeth! Claire is another nice one (also on our list). I really like the combo of Emma Alexandra. Katherine Claire is really pretty too, and the nn "Kate" has really grown on me if you wanted to go the nn route.

Honestly, I like almost all your names listed here (minus Hailey - NMS). 

• You've got a lot of great names. The only ones I don't love are Quinn and Blythe. Claire and Elizabeth are my favorites.

BabyFruit Ticker

• i like Anna Paige... It sounds very pretty IMO and with a long last name, the simplicity of short names seem like a good idea
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I like all of your names except Alexandra, Hailey, and Quinn. If I could pick and choose from your list, my favorite combination would be Blythe Adele.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I think Anna Elizabeth and Anna Claire are both gorgeous names. I also love the unique-ness (if that's even a word) of Blythe... I think it's very pretty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mommy's Little Man
    Making hearts melt since 10/22/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Pinterest
  • thanks everyone!

Last name ends with ski.   Starts with a W and has 2 silent js in the middle and is 10 letters long. 

• Julia & Rachel are my favorites.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • From your list I like Hailey, Paige and Julia. In that order. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really love Claire (my baby girls' name!) and I also LOVE Katherine, Julia, Adele, and Anna. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • I liek Claire, Anna and Quinn

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I like your classic style!  My favorites from your list are Claire Elizabeth, Julia Elizabeth, Katherine Claire, and Paige Alexandra. 

The others are either too popular for my taste or NMS. 

• Paige Alexandra, Emma Alexandra, Claire Elizabeth are my favorites from your list
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• I have a Luke David :) 

I like Claire and Katherine. 

• Claire, Anna, Paige, ad Quinn are my favorites since your lat name is long 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I also love Anna Claire! I recently heard Anna Kate as well!

• I like Claire Elizabeth and Paige Alexandra

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • My favorite is Anna Elizabeth....Anna Claire (as suggested) is very pretty too!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I actually love all your names... Alexandra is one of my favorites and one we are considering if we ever have another girl.  I know someone with a little girl named Evie Alexandra and I think thats really cute too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"