Pregnant after 35
Options

Intro and a funny story

Hi all, I am so excited to be joining you and hoping that I can stick around for the next 8 months or so. My TTC history is in my siggy, and in case you don't know me I also had a son in 2008 (conceived without help) who passed away just before his second birthday. It's been a little hard for me to figure out where I fit in around here - I'm not comfortable on Secondary IF because seeing the toddler pics wrecks me. Once I started IVF, I felt more comfortable on IF although I try very hard to be sensitive to the fact that most of those women are trying for baby number 1. The over 35 board is the one place where I can say I definitely belong! 

A little over 2 months ago, I failed the clomid challenge test and was told that I had a less than 5 percent chance of ever conceiving with my own eggs. To say we were devastated doesn't even begin to describe it. We sought out a second opinion, and we ended up having a very successful IVF cycle. We are beyond grateful.

So, here's my funny story. After my blood draw for my second beta, I was getting off the elevator heading to my car just as my RE (who is VERY awkward) was getting on the elevator. I hadn't seen him since my u/s on day 5 of stims (they rotate dr.'s for the procedures). He stopped me to say congratulations - and stuck out his hand like he wanted to give me a handshake. I was like, ah, come on I'm giving you a hug. OMG it was SO awkward. But who greets a pregnancy announcement with a handshake? Doesn't he know he's supposed to squeal and jump up and down and hug me? I still can't decide who's more awkward - me or him :)

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here! Congrats to everyone! 

TTC #2 since July 2010
FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and a funny story

• Options

Congrats on your pregnancy!  I will totally squeal and jump up and down with you Big Smile

I like lurking on this board because everyone is very nice and always has good, sound advice.  I don't post often but I am trying to be better about it. 

I am terribly sorry to hear about your first child, no parent should ever have to experience that.   I can understand how being on secondary IF would be very hard to do. 

Here's to a happy and healthy nine months for you!!  

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    Welcome!  I am so glad you could join us.  I had seen on on TTC>35, but was not aware of loss of you lo.  I am so sorry for you loss.  I hope your pg is uneventful!  I'm looking forward to getting to know you better over the coming months!  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    welcome and congrats.  so happy to have you with us, this group of ladies is the best group!  Sorry to hear about the heartwrenching loss you have already suffered.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations! I'm squealing with delight for you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!  Good to see you over here!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    congrats and welcome! I definitely think your RE is more awkward - you'd think he'd be used to warmth and gratitude in his line of work ... although I suppose heartbreak accounts for plenty of his day's work as well. But happily - not for you! So again, congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"